Glock, p226 or USP

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Never handled the others but I can vouch for the KJW p226.

Very ergonomic, just feels natural once you know how to handle it.

KJW mags are crap though, so buy yourself some spare TM ones.

Other than that, its a solid, pleasant little pistol!

• Supporters

I'd say to get the WE instead of the KJW if you're going for the Sig.

I had the KJW as my first pistol and although it worked great at first, it wasn't long before it was venting gas even on hot days. I ended up thinking it was a complete bag of wank.

The benefit of going with WE is that they're opening a distribution centre in the UK soon, meaning parts ought to be a doddle to come by, they're also very solid performers.

I have the WE Glock 17 Gen3 and it's the best pistol I've ever had. So I'd say WE again if you want a Glock.

As for USPs, I've no experience whatsoever with them, apart from having a go with a Match version by KWA for less than a mag's worth of ammo.

In terms of using them, again, I can't really comment on the USP, but for me the Sig is the most comfortable, it has perfect ergonomics, all the controls are within easy reach of your right hand thumb, you don't need to shift your grip at all to reach anything. If you have smaller hands then look at the E2 model, it has a part of the grip cut down.

The Glock is easier to aim though, in my opinion, the angle of the grip feels very natural, when I bring it up to aim, I'm already looking down the sights, whereas with the Sig, I find myself wanting to point it downwards a lot because of the grip's high angle.

Based on my experience, I can't recommend the WE Glocks highly enough. Being Glocks there are also a near limitless amount of after market parts, and being WE, they're TM compatible, meaning you can upgrade them about as much as most AEGs.

Cheers Ed.

i am now starting to question weather a pistol is the way to go, as i play CQB so would a shotgun be more practical?

• Supporters

Hand size and shape?

Mine are large and slim and I don't like the way Glocks sit in the crook of my thumb. I've never held a P226, so I can't say. USP's sit very nicely in my hand and the distance between the back strap, the rear of the grip, and the trigger is ideal for my trigger finger pad to rest on the trigger, rather than the crook of the knuckle or the middle bit (both which are bad for your aim). The USP's trigger guard is made to accommodate fat gloves too, so with a CO2 mag it'll be good for winter.

It all depends on your budget, as far as CQB goes pistols are an incredibly useful tool to have, especially in tight situations and the ease to carry one just trumps a shotgun. Especially if you have a CQB rifle as well.

If you want a shotgun over a pistol you will want a tri-shot. The main thing about shotguns they are cheaper than pistols (to buy, for mags, to run, everything), so really it just comes down to budget.

Ed is right about WE being the pistol manufacturer you want to buy from, they really outperform the ones you linked and for about the same price.

EDIT:

I just noticed we go to the same site. I've just got my first rifle from there recently, I do know the site well already though. I think for that environment your best bet is a pistol. Especially in the court rooms, when entering them you have people up on the back wall and everything, peaking those corners would be much easier with a pistol as you can keep in tight on cover without exposing yourself too much. In those courtrooms it is difficult to maneuver. Take some time to ask around at the site as well, there are a load of guys who have shotguns there (they also have pistols) they would be able to give the best information for you mate :)

I love my glock but after sing the WE P226 I was torn wether to sell the glock for a 226.

I have one on order with WE but can't decide what to do.

so good, you sold yours??

I did indeed. Either going for a co2 option or nothing at all and use the cash towards some gear. But you cannae beat an AEP for reliability, cheap running costs and cheap accessories!

Hows it serving you so far anyway? Skirmished with it yet?

Good choice on the Cyma. Their EAPs are pretty dependable as well, I've got the Desert Eagle version and it performs very well. I'm fairly sure that the internal systems of the Eagle and the Glock are pretty similar, if not identical.

i have finaly re-made my decision.

*drum roll*

KJW USP tactical!

tadaaa

i have chose this because the grips are nice and big and i favor gas over the AEP because it has blowback, realism is everything for me.

i would also like to go about getting a lam thingy to go on the front so if someone could link me to one of those it'd be helpful

Archived