AUG A2 feeding problems ( really!!!!)

breakdown
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right, I know, I should walk away, but I'm a stubborn cunt. Classic Army AUG A2 sportline with feeding issues unusual I know ( sarcastic). OK so I've replace the hop-up unit with a G&P metal unit got a 6.03 barrel fitted. I noticed that the plastic unit holding the feeding nozzle ( the bit that allows the bb to pass from the mag to the hop-up) moved approx. 1mm. so a small bit of foam glued to this part held this in line with the hop-up far more secure, fitted a s/steel feeding nozzle, also a small piece of foam behind the g/box, everything is in line but still the little bugger refuses to feed properly. the only thing I've not replaced is the mag's, tried the usual tape to hold the mag secure . but no joy( plastic mid caps).

Now as I've said, every sensible bone in my body is saying WALK AWAY. but I refuse, if I can repair 20ton+ machines them I can resolve this problem in a small bit of plastic and metal that weights no more than a couple of lbs.( if not I will run over it with said 20 ton+ machine).

Ok so I've narrowed it down to the mag or the feeding nozzel, where can I get some good quality mags for an AUG not the usual shite plastic ones. That way I can eliminate the mags.

Ladies / Gentlemen over to you.

Throw it in the bin and buy a good gun is not the answer I'm looking for. (I have a G&G top tec)

Nothing, not even ridiculed for trying to fix a shite gun. sad days. Once I get some pennies I'll try a TM hi-cap. must be someone out there that's managed to get an AUG feeding reliable.

Maybe try aligning the hop up or gearbox further back or forth, like when you are putting it back together, try moving one part more forward or back than usual before securing it in place.

My AK47 is being a b*tch too; semi auto works fine but it won't go full auto partly because the hop up chamber in my crappy AK isn't compatible with my upgraded CYMA gearbox, so i had to trim the plastic hop up unit to fit a bit, and the metal hop up chamber I bought won't fit in the AK, so i'm stuck with the sh*tty plastic one.

Maybe you should try comparing your G&P hop up to the stock CA hop up chamber and see if there's any difference in size or shape.

Changing to new mags doesn't necessarily help but i think it's worth a go if you're not shy on spending.

Hope this maybe helps a little....

when i get home from work ill show ya what i did to mine

Appreciate the help ak47frizzle, Once some pennies hit the bank I'll get a TM mag, I've also ordered up the part that holds the bb feed nozzle it's a bit of naf plastic so I can compare old to new, just to see.. I'll double check for any difference in the hop up's to. Hey meddy, really hope your talking guns here big boy

Could it be an issue with the mags? I use hi-cap M4 mags and find they don't feed that great from time to time I for one plan to change to mid caps in the future also what brand of BBs do you use, cheap one and certain bio brands will jam and mis feed.

Hi jus01, it could be the mags, haven't ruled them out yet. using mid caps, think their kings arms !!!. tried the old insulating tape to steady them in the well, but no difference. Think it's an alignment problem between the mag and the hop up. if you hold the mag steady and fire a shot then very slightly move the mag until you hear a small click from the mag you then fire another shot, go through that routine again and it'll fire again ( this is on semi). once I get paid I'm going to try a TM high cap. Ahhhh the joy,

• 2 weeks later...

Right thought I would do an update for anybody that gives a dam. got the TM high cap mag, also got a new plastic thingymybob ( the bit that holds the bb feed nozzle) fitted the steel feed nozzle to that. After all that still no joy, but I did resolve the problem. There is a very small amount of movement between the upper and lower receivers which if you hold the gun FIRMLY against your shoulder and keep the upper receiver pulled back solves the problem and the gun fires perfect every time semi and full auto. this movement appears to be caused by the crap way Classic Army have designed/ manufactured the gun. so once a few mods have been done to insure NO movement at all then the gun is could to go. I'll take it to the next skirmish and see how it stands up to a bit of abuse. Thanks for the input guys much appreciated.

Archived