Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

get_to_the_choppa

MP5 Question

Hi all,

Can anyone give me a bit of advice?

I've got the JG MP5 Navy. But I want to mod it to bring it back to the "classic" look MP5, i.e, lose the tactical foregrip at the front that houses the battery.

I found this front grip on ebay ---> ebay

Does anyone have a rough idea as to whether or not this would be able to house the battery and if it would fit easy enough?

Sorry!bit of a noobish question!

It's possible. It will be a tight squeeze with the battery etc, but it can be done. You will have to snap/pull a few pieces of plastic off from what I remember but it won't stop you from being able to revert to how it was originally if thats what you wanted. You can get a brand new handguard off zero one if that interests you:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...24adb161d9a04c6

Cheers Dev,

As long as it's do-able! It's just when I saw it going cheap I thought I'd better check whether it was really a bargain for me or not. In time I'm thinking classic front grip with a solid stock. Mind you... I suppose with a solid stock I could house the battry in there with a bit of rewiring? I'll keep you up to date with how I get on!

aye, a mate has a back-wired MP5, with a HUGE battery in it (8.4v 4300mah) the front wired ones can take an 8.4V 1200mah, which is a fine size for a battery.

also, sticking a large battery into the JG MP5 stock WILL make it rear-heavy, few metal parts at the front to equal it out :(

It means you it will last a lot longer and you can be far more trigger happy, if you have the BB's that is. It will also give you a slight rise in ROF, but not much at all.

Just to make it clear

Bigger MaH: Longer play time :)

Bigger Voltage: Higher RoF

It dont matter about the phiysicl size of the batt you have have a large 8.4V 1200 MaH batt and a Mini 8.4V MaH 1200 Batt that will do the same job