your favourite webbing set

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I love both my USMC style cross draw assault vests (one black one olive) however they are not brilliant, if you have to lay down, your pistol will get dirty :(

So I am considering either 95 webbing or maybe a molle plate carrier

I've tried on a set of PLCE and can't say it was for me.

The fit was lovely, don't get me wrong and it's very comfortable but there's just something about it that I don't like lol.

I'm using ALICE webbing at the moment, despite it's age its a very good system. Can't say it's as comfortable, but it's very tough, effective and quick to get on and off when taking up a DFP.

I'm going to be getting a Rhodesian Recon vest soon, but I'll continue to carry some belt kit in a combination.

• Supporters

It depends what criteria I'm thinking of. For B) its has to be my WAS black RICAS, but for overall usefulness, my Web-tex British Army Assault Vest (multi-tool & torch pockets + 2 grenade pouch variant). I usually also wear a drop leg dump pouch and pistol holster in either DPM or black, depending on what other colours I'm wearing.

A while ago I got uncomfortably hot in my RICAS, so next time out I wore a bodged together belt rig, which worked quite well for me, so now I'm looking for a set of PLCE webbing. I also have some Russian stuff which I need to find the time to do some work on, because I have a feeling that its combination of light chest & belt rig will turn out to be very easy to wear and comfortably cool.

I also have a full set of 58 Pattern webbing for an 80's Brit loadout to go with my SLR. I've only put it on a couple of times and never skirmished it, yet, but so far I'm not impressed :blink::rolleyes:

58 webbing is horrid! Used it as a cadet.

I loved my OD PLCE I had, again as a cadet. Got rid in favour of some DPM kit. Wish I had stayed OD!

I loved my DCS and PLB rigs so comfortable you hardly knew you had them on. Just a shame I woke up one morning hating multicam!

Not fielded my new WAS 901 chest rig and TAS belt rig yet but will be next week.

Archived