dream cars

scorpia4

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

they never end up looking like the concepts lol

They've already had to redesign the rear wing for TUV compliance.

• Supporters

My dream car? Saleen S7. Twin turbo V8 beast.

Saleen-S7.jpg

• Supporters

upgrade to a insignia

That right there? That's an oxymoron, that is.

• Supporters

Haha what's wrong with the insignia? We hired one when the car was in the garage and it was nice.

They handle badly, the brakes are gash. The SRi is nice but only if you get the 2.0l petrol or the 2.2 diesel. The 1.8 petrol is THE most gutless piece of crap I've ever had the misfortune to drive. The under thigh leg support on the SRi is adjustable which is good, but not so on the lower spec models which means they don't support your leg properly when you're driving. The wing mirrors show you f*ck all and the rear 3/4 vision when reversing is non-existant. Cruise control is too aggressive going uphill and the gearbox is standard GM notchy crap.

They handle badly, the brakes are gash. The SRi is nice but only if you get the 2.0l petrol or the 2.2 diesel. The 1.8 petrol is THE most gutless piece of crap I've ever had the misfortune to drive. The under thigh leg support on the SRi is adjustable which is good, but not so on the lower spec models which means they don't support your leg properly when you're driving. The wing mirrors show you f*ck all and the rear 3/4 vision when reversing is non-existant. Cruise control is too aggressive going uphill and the gearbox is standard GM notchy crap.

sounds like your describing a zafira.

• Supporters

sounds like your describing a zafira.

Most Vauxhall cars actually.

Mine is very attainable, just need 15K for a good one and only a need to drive it when it's working (couple weeks a year). Lottery wins etc would obviously increase the reach of my dreams for cars, P1 the current one there.

Ea4RzHo.jpg

• Supporters

Mine is very attainable, just need 15K for a good one and only a need to drive it when it's working (couple weeks a year). Lottery wins etc would obviously increase the reach of my dreams for cars, P1 the current one there.

Ea4RzHo.jpg

Buddy of mine used to have the 4.5l Cerbera. Fantastic car to drive but perfectly fitted the description that it was like having a kit car in reverse. You pay a load of money for a car then it turns into a pile of bits around you.... :)

Yeah friend of mine's dad had the same car, and same experience. I had the pleasure/terror of being in the passenger seat a couple of times and was awesome. I think if i won the lottery i'd still buy one these then send it to some fancy refurb company to essentially entirely re-make it out of carbon-fiber and functional mechanics. Perhaps give it an unecessary spoiler or something as my only dislike of TVR's are the rounded 'fat ass' they all have.

On closer inspection i think the pic i grabbed from google is actually from GT 5 on PS3 lol.

• Supporters

I loved driving my mates TVR. V8s are the way forward! When he ditched the TVR he went onto a Dodge Viper which was hilarious (until you tried to park it because it was as wide as Guildford) and now he drives an Aston Martin.

Never got to drive it, would have stood better chance of asking for a go on his wife, in that he might have chuckled and said yes as a joke

On to a Viper and the Aston eh, that's a pretty damn good progression, getting slightly less bonkers each time, hopefully wont end up in something entirely sensible like a BMW, maybe an M would be fittingly fast.

• Supporters

He also has a Lotus Exige and an X5 (M-sport package one with the big f-off V8 - does even less MPG than his DB9). Plus a couple of sports bikes...

I think my dream car would have to be an old Bentley blower or a 76 mustang fastback

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.