Airsoft Blogs/News sites

fivezerothree
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Are there a lot of these? I'm a web developer by day and I find that whenever I get into a new hobby I like to be able to publicise my thoughts and findings – I also like to provoke conversation and discussion in that regard because it can save me or indeed others a lot of work when decision making.

I thought, why don't I do my own airsoft site/blog and basically use it to publicise my experience as a starter and invite others to review talk and whatnot about more expensive kit etc?

I get caught up in new hobbies sometimes and get over excited so I am just wondering if anyone thinks this is a worthwhile endeavour. I have the facilities and means to set up a capable site in a very short space of time – but is it worth it? Are there any writers of people that want to try their hand at reviewing, editing stories etc?

Oh well that's excellent! To be honest I don't like 'professional journalist/reviewers' because when it comes to hobbies such as this they seem to focus on much higher end stuff. After all, we want this sport to grow and I thought it would be great to have both ends of the spectrum.

If this gains some real interest I will happily front the investment and get the platform up and ready for people to throw their experience and two cents in.

I did notice that when I listened to an Airsoft Podcast while I was away it was all high end kit and guns that were reviewed, but for me getting into the sport it wasn't hugely informative and didn't cover the kit I was looking at. Saying that I suppose people will tend to want higher end gear the more they play. I'm also a huge fan of the "If its not broken don't fix it" mantra

All arcs Airsoft...... We've everything covered or 'Dead Rag' Ill have a good think on my drive home tomorrow

You think of much? I'm a little surprised that more people wouldn't want in on this little venture. I suppose it's time consuming for some. It'd be nice to have some sort of community rather than just a forum.

• Supporters

Checkout popularairsoft, It's the only one I use (and only a few times a month at that) but it does the job well enough.

Something that could be done and made use of more, so i say go for it.

It's probably not worthy of another thread but I thought I should inform those who are interested. The idea will be going ahead; we've very kindly been allowed to use a domain name that is owned by a friend over the pond so it shall be known that we are named 'Airsoft Operator'! (airsoftoperator.com)

It won't simply be a blog/review site but hub of airsoft related goodness. It requires the community to be involved for it to work. In the simplest form if anyone sees an airsoft related article anywhere on the internet that constitutes a good read, review or news then the URL should be submitted. Articles will not be copied – an excerpt will be extracted or written of which then links to the original article. People can simply submit a link and a description of the article or they can become a fully fledged contributor after 3-5 well received article submissions. – this part is still up in the air.

The goal is to give people like yourselves a dashboard of sorts to everything Airsoft rather than having to visit lots of different sites and having to sift through unwanted content. There is going to be room eventually for people who wish to be involved with the project too!

Sounds like a really good idea. I ride BMX and there are a few websites that post all of the latest videos/news and it's really useful and they're really popular (The Come Up would be the best example). I would definitely use it and airsoft operator is really good name too :)

Sounds like a really good idea. I ride BMX and there are a few websites that post all of the latest videos/news and it's really useful and they're really popular (The Come Up would be the best example). I would definitely use it and airsoft operator is really good name too :)

Ahh I'm glad you're keen mate – cheers buddy!

Archived