No fog glasses with half face mask.

shaw3029
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Currently I am wearing a cheap pair of glasses with a helmet and a half mesh mask. I am using anti fog spray and il get a good couple of games with no fog but then the sweat and moisture builds up and I'm starting to breath harder so I start to fog. From then on its a constant battle.

So I am in the market for a new pair of glasses that work with a half mesh mask.

I have done my research and clearly the best money can buy are the ESS Turbo fan goggles however I am reluctant to spend £130 and I would prefure glasses to goggles.

I've read about thermal lenses. Which are a lense with two layers allowing air in between which helps regulate the temperature and keep the lenses from fogging however I can only find those as goggles.

So any suggestions guys?

Cheers!

• Supporters

try fairy rub some into the lens and leave to dry over night, give them a gentle rub off and you should be ok I've done it on mine X800's worked a charm

• Supporters

I'm a big fan of mesh, but i just found this - could be worth a look.

Whilst new to airsoft, I come from a paintball background where full face goggles are a must and fogging is obviously a major player.

I've always found the quality of the lenses to be the most important aspect, although I know many people who would also recommend rubbing washing up liquid into the lens. You could also try treating it with "Catcrap" which is an anti-fog product. :)

Something I've always found helps, is ensuring that you keep the lens clean. Grease etc on it will encourage the formation of mist on the lens, so I use a good quality microfibre cloth to keep it clean. Plus, the obvious benefit of having a perfectly clean and polished lens. :)

Archived