Best motors :)

Pointman PUG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm building a high speed setup using13/1 gears and an M100 spring

My question is this...whats the best motor for a high speed build, bearing in mind I will need a bit more torque to help spin the 13/1 gears..i somehow doubt the standard G&G motor can do it!

Also money is not an issue :):):)

I'm actually doing the same build as yourself buddy. One of my friends has an encyclopedic knowledge on all things airsoft and he recommended this as a great choice.

http://www.air-lab.co.uk/products/gearbox-parts/lonex-titan-motor.html

It's also strange we have the same gun...

I'm actually doing the same build as yourself buddy. One of my friends has an encyclopedic knowledge on all things airsoft and he recommended this as a great choice.

http://www.air-lab.co.uk/products/gearbox-parts/lonex-titan-motor.html

It's also strange we have the same gun...

Well I wouldn't say strange...more "brothers in arms" lol :D

I take it you have the GR15 short?

Not being big headed but if I can help ya in anyway give us a shout...amd vice versa....:D

Well I wouldn't say strange...more "brothers in arms" lol :D

I take it you have the GR15 short?

Not being big headed but if I can help ya in anyway give us a shout...amd vice versa.... :D

No mate the CM16 as you have, if you are still using that as your main. I'm really impressed with it for it's value and will be sticking with it for a long while I think.

• Supporters

Well after a bit of research im leaning towards the systema motors.

They spin at an outrageous 55000 rpm and are very tourqey!!

Anyone know of any better???

ICS Turbo 3000,

Lonex A1

Lonex A2

Marui EG1000(The recoil shocks use this,only for m90 builds)

Marui EG3000(high cycles use this,also for M90 builds)

SHS series(Budget)

Systems motors.

If you're using high speed gears go for a high torque motor,like a Lonex A2.

Here's a video of SHS 13:1s with lonex A2:

Here's another with a Systema magnum motor and SHS 13:1s

• Supporters

I have a Systema Magnum high torque, which was about £80 if memory serves. It's very hard to turn over by hand, but it has about the same performance as an ICS Turbo 3000, gives me maybe 5rps more than the ICS motor, but nothing really substantial. Certainly not worth the price tag in my opinion.

They're the only two motors I have any real experience with, I've used G&P M120 high speed motors with M120s before and got really good rps, so as Gaz said, I reckon the G&P M180 will be the best option if you want to go full rape mode and cut everything in half.

• Supporters

Surprised no one till Ed mentioned G&P. They're great for the money and do a great job. Systema ones are fine but the majority of their stuff only sells because of the brand, most of it's no better than cheaper alternatives. (Barring actual PtW bits of course.)

OTher than that, SHS and Lone are both decent. I personally wouldn't use a tm one as I don't see them as much of an upgrade.

• Supporters

That Lonex A2 vs 13:1 gears in the vid fires no faster than my AK V3 with standard gears and an ICS Turbo 3000.

PS and that's pulling a 110 spring.

• Supporters

I have the g&p m120 high speed motor in my mp5k, it's not bad, but I have noticed that the gear on the end of it is wearing, where as the guarder bevel gear is showing no signs of wear.

Edit - I have had 2 gearbox lookups with this motor, a m100 spring and 18:1 gears :(

Archived