Yet another start-up thread?

Reinfell
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey Guys.

I'm looking to get back into Airsoft from a while back, and I'm stuck for ideas and choice on loadouts and equipment.

I have been trawling the internet to look for decently reviewed AEG's and Sniper Rifles, I am either looking to build my loadout around a CQB-esque style or a 'HideInABush'-esque style...

But or both faces problems, what to go for in terms of looks, what weapon to use.

The main gun that I was looking at to go along with my CQB Loadout would be: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_ARES_ARES_Tavor_T_A_R_21_with_Rail_Set_Black.htm

either in the black or tan... But am not to sure on the quality and overall review on the gun, as well as the customisation of it.

Along with sniping, there are a plethora of different guns to choose from and the main decision to choose from a Gas or Spring powered sniper rifle, I managed to get my head around this and settles on another ARES product the MCM700X: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Sniper_Rifles_ARES_ARES_MCM700X_BK.htm again I've heard good and bad things about this weapon and would like a directed second opinion. The weapon would obviously be upgraded with a number of parts if needed to make it perform better.

My side-arm for both of these loadouts would be my Marui M92F for it has served me well for a number of years now... Along with other equipment to utilise the weapons effectively.

Could anyone give me an insight, opinion or alternatives to these weapons and a loadout idea that they would look 'nice' with.

Thanks

Rein.

• Supporters

I wouldn't buy another Ares gun unless i) it still had a good reputation a year after release and ii) I knew someone who had one for at least 6 months and was happy with it.

This would be that Ares.

Can't say I like the look of it myself, but it's not much uglier than a Tavor.

Swap the flash hider for the vented cylinder type - laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarvly...

1J spring and you're laughing...

Would you suggest that UMAREX G36k? Overall *Not knowing anything about internals* It seems clean...

• Supporters

Yeah, after reading about it I would have bought one because Tariq on here has one with which he is happy, although his wiring caught fire :blink::lol: but that's a problem that can happen to any gun if you put it back together with the wiring in a position to get squashed or chaffed. I can't actually remember why I chose the SRC Gen III instead now, but it may have simply been price, because I would have disabled the blowback function on the Umarex/Ares anyway - my G36 is a project with a fat suppressor :ph34r: so the last thing I want for it is something which makes more noise :lol:

Even though i've extended the length to accommodate a longer internal barrel, it's fine for CQB. Even with all the mods I've made the stock still folds so, even if I felt like hiding in a cupboard, I could still use it close in tight. But in practice I didn't need to fold the stock except to switch to firing on my left with the 3-point sling still attached.

"Wiring Caught Fire" I take it that the term 'Weapon's Hot' was literal this time :D

I will look into it, as It's fairly cheap compared to some models, and in the dark earth it looks sweet. Goes with the H&K theme of my old MP5 as well (May she rest in peace).

Would you happen to know anything about the Sniping department? If so enlighten me master.

• Supporters

No, young paduan, for sniping must you to the planet ASPUK go...

Archived