Ok what have I forgot?

beermonsta
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right first go at this airsofting lark on Saturday so what did I forget? Please god don't be anything serious I don't have time to fix it.

Pic attached

Pile or camo at the to includes jacket, trousers in blk and camo, shirt (If it's hot), and a couple of caps Dickies bag are waterproofs as it's the UK after all.

Goggles, facemask, gloves and a scrim.

Things not in the picture:

The cat (He did get in a couple of them, apparently new camo jackets make nice beds...)

My slipper (It's now firmly wedged in the cats backside)

My boots, there just boots so I don't break an ankle or 2.

My bottles of nice cold water and the cooler bag to keep them that way as it is supposed to be warm next weekend.

The sandwich I will purchase from Shell petrol station on the way. Other petrol stations are available!

Other selected munchies I will take to keep my strength up, I shall purchase from Asda this week. Other supermarkets are available!

St John Ambulance, there is a good chance of me having a heart attack, I have to plan in advance going upstairs or walking to the car FFS.

The Swedish masseuse I will need to be able to get my destroyed body back in the car to drive home.

Girls in lycra (For those of you that saw my last post in the paintball topic).

Ok I going off the idea now I just typed that last bunch.... thinking sniper is a good idea after all, all that running about will be knackering.

So what did I forget?

P.S. don't say gun I am officially a noob so hire job the first few times.

P.P.S. If you are playing yourself this weekend and see someone fighting for breath and looking totally knackered say hi it will be me.

post-7420-0-12070500-1372709235_thumb.jpg

as long as you got goggles and clothes on then you can play. sounds like you have everything.

food, water, clothes,gloves,hat, boots, goggles, money.

Remember to take a sense of humour and honesty (for taking hits)

apart from that sounds like your sorted to me

posh socks check and boots check

I live in Burghaus boots everyday so up on that stuff, and to be honest I don't plan on being Linford Christie for a few trips yet need to shed a few pounds first :)

Sense of humour for hits, cant hurt more that a paintball in the ear or family jewels so should be ok there. But Money was a good shout I forget that I am in trouble they don't do plastic...

• Supporters

Mints - your mouth will get mad dry when you start panting.

If you fancy a friendly wager, I'll give you 3:1 that those goggles fog up... Mesh is the way forward, especially for we fat bastards, but otherwise make sure you have plenty of anti-fog wipes/spray/goo.

Notebook & pen - i wish i'd thought of this when i first started - to write down bits of useful info people tell you so you don't forget 'em.

Bloody good ideas and can all be purchased from the supermarket :)

I went for the goggles as to many people had horror stories about bits of plastic in the eye. I did not fancy that. I can order a pair off Amazon if I quick what ones are best (I don't have a fleabay account)

I think you are really well prepared.

I was missing lots of items when I started.

Ive bought more kit since and have the facemask you show in the picture. I dont find it that comfortable though (big nose probably) and now have both goggles and glasses to go above them.

My goggles are Bolle with airwash vents at the edges but they still mist up without anti fog spray.

I don't have a beard so will use the mask I think it will take impact better than face fuzz :rolleyes:

Baz I have worn the mask in the house a little and I have the same problem but again I think that's due to my big hooter. I am hoping I can get through the day with it or bent the crap out of it so its comfy. (Will take pliers in case)

Moose I had a look on patrol base and they the same as what on amazon but more expensive. All the big mesh goggles have bad reviews so will get a small pair just in case the fog sets in. Ordered some anti fog as well just in case.

• Supporters

Hero Sharks are very well recommended but I hesitate to add my two pen'orth, even though I wear them o_O They are undoubtedly the most sturdy of the mesh goggles available, but that is at the cost of slight shadows across the visual field. I hope you don't think this rude but I've written the essay on mesh goggles a few times, so if you look up my content you'll find my whole opinion. In a nutshell though, the only thing I feel no reservations about recommending is the mesh face masks that look like fencing masks. They are a pain though, because they prevent access to your mouth outside the safe zone. That said, it ought not to be beyond a little ingenuity to make a door in the mesh, something like that in a pet cage, so you can drink (especially from a Hydration pack), eat mints, and smoke in the field.

If you mean small goggles like these -

6778-450p-01.jpg

- they will do the trick, but they darken the vision like shades. There's a question over the quality of various unbranded makes, but I'm confident that even a dodgy pair would protect you against anything you could get shot with in one incident. They will definitely be easier to see through than fogged lenses.

Hero Sharks are very well recommended but I hesitate to add my two pen'orth, even though I wear them o_O They are undoubtedly the most sturdy of the mesh goggles available, but that is at the cost of slight shadows across the visual field. I hope you don't think this rude but I've written the essay on mesh goggles a few times, so if you look up my content you'll find my whole opinion. In a nutshell though, the only thing I feel no reservations about recommending is the mesh face masks that look like fencing masks. They are a pain though, because they prevent access to your mouth outside the safe zone. That said, it ought not to be beyond a little ingenuity to make a door in the mesh, something like that in a pet cage, so you can drink (especially from a Hydration pack), eat mints, and smoke in the field.

If you mean small goggles like these -

6778-450p-01.jpg

- they will do the trick, but they darken the vision like shades. There's a question over the quality of various unbranded makes, but I'm confident that even a dodgy pair would protect you against anything you could get shot with in one incident. They will definitely be easier to see through than fogged lenses.

Heroshark, mesh guru strikes again.

Herosharks really do seem worth it though. Recently bought a pair of Mako's- not tested em on a game day yet but They seem really good :)

Thanks Ian helpful as ever. I will look into a pair of those.

Last night someone posted something about Bolle X1000's and I had an epiphany. The company I work for sell Bolle sunglasses and a few PPE safety glasses (Mainly because one of our directors brother runs Bolle)

Get to work today called in a favour and I have a pair of them arriving tomorrow along with a spare tinted lens. I know they are goggles again but on your advise again I have some anti mist on the way and to be honest I never really had to many goggle issues with my old JT snappers in paintball so fingers crossed with some careful breathing misting may not be to much of an issue and if it is there will be a pair of X1000 going cheap in the sale page as of Sunday.

Thanks Ian helpful as ever. I will look into a pair of those.

Last night someone posted something about Bolle X1000's and I had an epiphany. The company I work for sell Bolle sunglasses and a few PPE safety glasses (Mainly because one of our directors brother runs Bolle)

Get to work today called in a favour and I have a pair of them arriving tomorrow along with a spare tinted lens. I know they are goggles again but on your advise again I have some anti mist on the way and to be honest I never really had to many goggle issues with my old JT snappers in paintball so fingers crossed with some careful breathing misting may not be to much of an issue and if it is there will be a pair of X1000 going cheap in the sale page as of Sunday.

I had that problem for a fair while before switching to mesh. My £5 cheapo goggles off airsoft-club seemed to steam up less than my £40 bolle x90's. I was infuriated !

Honestly though I'd try using some fairly liquid to start with, otherwise you may end up spending umpteen pounds on something that either doesn't work or just consists of fairy liquid (or similiar) anyway

I remember years ago someone mentioned fairy liquid in the goggles but someone used lemon cheapo supermarket washing up liquid and the poor sods eyes were streaming the whole day as no matter what he did he could not shift the stuff. Never in my life have I heard the song I'm forever blowing bubbles sang so many times.

Poor bugger probably gone blind now they stick bleach in washing up stuff now.

Note pad check it's in the bag.

I can vouch for Ian's notebook Idea,I always carry one in My VSR stock. Super handy for recon during larger games.

I may nick that idea for next time I do a film-sim day. Thanks :)

• Supporters

I can vouch for Ian's notebook Idea,I always carry one in My VSR stock. Super handy for recon during larger games.

Bloody hell! Genius!

Archived