So, what gun should I get?

willdes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I am really new to airsoft and I don't even have a gun yet! By the way I'm Will. I have been looking at the G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 Carbine. It looks nice and is also at a reasonable price for myself to start with. I am willing to go to £150 but I would quite like a gun that includes a battery and charger (but I am guessing that's how the companies make most of their money by having to buy everything else separately). I have a decent understanding because I am a paintball marshal at Bunker 51 so I am around airsoft equipment often. I would love to hear your thoughts on a good but realistically priced gun.

Thanks

Will

• Supporters

G&G Combat Machines have a good rep. A lot of batteries and chargers which come with guns are a bit, to extremely, sh!t. Chargers and batteries are made by different companies than guns mind. For NiMh batteries, you want VP Vapex. For LiPo's and chargers, go to Component Shop.

A lot of CYMA guns come with batteries (which are so bad that they're only use is as a backup to use for the time it takes to fast charge a decent battery). The chargers CYMA guns come with are ok, but they're just trickle jobbies, so they take about 5-7hrs to charge a battery, and they have no protection against overcharging, or indicator to show when the battery is charged. I used one for 9 months though, by using a timer plug and the AF-UK App to figure out how long to charge for. No problems at all.

CYMA make some great AK's in your price bracket: the CM.028 range, but they're getting harder to find in the UK. CYMA M14's have a good rep too.

Archived