Aliexpress ?? Legit or a con?

Bottledtorment
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

I saw in another thread (Cheap Airsoft bargains) that this site was selling knock off Nigel Eotech 552 and 551 for £22-26 incl shipping (not sure on import) and i was wondering if this was right or if it was a con by the always truthful Chinese (no racism just fact) .

Has anyone shopped through this site before and if so is it legitimate or not ?

Many thanks from a skint Airsofter

Don't like them, had an order with them, nothing on the website to say out of stock. 6 hours later an email to say not in stock. Then had to wait 24 hours until I could cancel the order, and then the refund took them 7 days. So just how much interest do they make off your money whilst messing you around!

back on topic!

As I understand aliexpress is not a shop, but rather a portal that lists products from different sellers (so, a lot like eBay). It does seem to be used by a lot of scammers thou, so be aware of that before using it.

Ebay are selling 551 and 552 eotech holo sites i purchased a 551 although from china it was brand new and works perfect cost £49.99 just incase and i have seen them cheaper

• 2 weeks later...

I used to buy from aliexpress sellers a lot. most are fine, a lot arnt. Expect a minor mixup, a little delay, comm problems.

As far as serious scamming goes, its usually pretty obvious. sellers selling 3k pinarello and such bikes for under 1k, asus gaming laptops at 1/4 of their usual price. obviously a load of bollocks.

Most airsoft stuff is made in china, its cheap and easy to get for them, not strange for them to be selling that stuff at all, if you were going to scam someone why do it over a $30 sight?

I have never found escrow bad either, when I've needed to use it twice. once was actually just because some stuff I bought was siezed by customs, I still got my money back eventually.

Though lately I do find stuff is just as cheap if not cheaper on ebay.

Archived