Airsmith

JerseyRider
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

I was wanting to get into airsmithing (to those who dont know what this means its basicly fixing and mantianing airsoft guns) and i was wondering was the basic needs list to be able to do it I.E. tools and consumabls

If anyone could just give me a quck list on what i need i will be gratefull

Thanks again guys

Jack

• Supporters

Tools:

assortment of screwdrivers (make sure they are electronic screwdrivers) (the oens that have plastic diownt teh shaft)

that one screwdriver that EVERYONE has that fits ANYTHING perfectly

pliers, wire strippers, wire cutters

small hammer (just incase :lol: )

dremel

pillar drill

if you can, a milling machine and a lathe, but they require further knowledge and skills to use (which I has.. w00t)

consumables:

large supply of awesome quality .2 BB's (the best you can find, for test firing weapons, and if you installed a 6.01 barrel, some BB's may be too large to fit due to tolerances)

silicone spray, grease and anything else

gas... various types, a few Co2 cartridges may be handy

silicone coated wire-the stuff to connect batteries to the gubbins (look on component shop)

cans of Krylon

bag o' shims

tube of loctite

good knowledge is ESSENTIAL for this, obviously

keep several old and clean ice cream or margerine tubs handy, to store projects in whilst waiting for bits or if you go to bed for the night.

and your next post in number 500 :D

• AF-UK Founding Member

I'd agree on the knowledge thing.. to do a good job etc you really need experience with near enough all types of problems to have any chance of sorting them out. Obviously this doesn't matter so much if you're planning on doing it for free, but if you're going to make this a paid service then you have to realise that it only takes a few mess ups and you'll be avoided and your investment in tools will be worthless.

POST 500!!.... I would like to thank.. (not really it ant about the post count :) )

Thanks for the list i have a few questions though like is there a good place to gett all this shizz cause i am in england ATM and its cheaper here then Jersey (due to import charge etc) and me and me G,Dad is running around tring to find grease etc other then the airsoft shops that can take the P**S at times

I have found a couple of items but are unsure if there up to the job

3-in-1 Pro Oli silicon spray (400ml for £5)

3-in1 Pro Oli Lithium spray (again 400ml for £5)

But you do need the grease right as it should be thicker then the spray??

And dont worry Dev ATM its only down to personal projects that i might sell on i am not looking to do other peoples work ATM (maybe when i get a bit better :) )

Thanks alot guys again you have been a massive help :D

Jack

• AF-UK Founding Member

It might be better for you to tool up as you go along.. although it may be cheaper over here, you might end up getting more than you actually need. You can always order in from the mainland anyway (online).

Pretty sure you can pick up silicone spray and grease in halfords and there should be one near you since it's a pretty big chain.

Well i am lucky one Dev as i have just got a presision screwdriver kit (that includes trox drives) and a dremel with a box full of heads FOR FREE :D

Its grate having tool hording grandparents :D

Also i have a small workshop full of machinery (also in the family) to use as i wish :)

so anyway i was looking in B&Q and they do the 3-in-1 Pro Oil (brand name) stuff will that do the job??

Right this is my current pending basket on LWA....

Ultrair Degreasing Spray

Abbey Gun Grease LT2

Abbey Silicone Grease

Anythign else whilst i am on LWA??

• AF-UK Founding Member

Well what's your budget? I wouldn't mind a couple of AEG's and I'm sure a few other people round here wouldn't mind :P

Nah.. I reckon that's all you need for now, definitely get you started, and like I said can always add stuff as you go along :)

I am just looking around for a dead aeg now (goning to try local first as i cba to pay alot of P&P on a dead aeg....)

Thanks for your help everyone keep a eye on the the electric guns help section as i try to cram things back into the gearbox :P

Jack

Archived