mid cap trouble

mattsa80
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just got a set of ares 85 round midcap M16 mags. They are a nightmare to load, i can get in maybe 65 rounds max and they just wont feed properly. Maybe one in every three or four shots of the gun actually fires a bb. The last few bbs seem to stick in aswell and the spring jams so the last few aren't pushed up into the gun. Iv tried them all so its not an issue with just one or two.

Any suggestions or advice would be great. Went for some midcaps because im fed up winding highs but i cant seem to win :)

Cheers

i had the same problem with some MAG brand mid caps just oil the springs and the spring walls that made a major difference with mine and check the magwell make sure they fit well !

You can buy silicone lube at hardware or motorist discount centres or the like. If you have new midcaps, you spray down the hole, load them up with bb's, empty them out the next morning, load them up again, and you will find they now take more bb's, leave for 24 hours and then load another set in and you should be near your limit. The bb's you used will be covered in lube now, so you may as well ditch them or put them in a grenade as they will lube the inside of your hop rubber if you fire them, which is never a good thing :)

• Supporters

Just out of interest what bb's are you using? As this can have an effect on mid caps.

Airsoft supply drop did 2 very good blogs on the subject :-

http://www.airsoftsupplydrop.co.uk/store/blog/midcapsvsbbs102/

http://www.airsoftsupplydrop.co.uk/store/blog/midcapsvsbbs/

Hope this may help :)

Hi,

If you can, try a diffent brand of BB's. Some AEG's/Mags are annoying like that <_<

• Supporters

Don't, whatever TF you do, put WD40 in a mag! If it gets on your hop rubber there's a good chance it will deform it. I once used it to clean some really pernicious dust from my landlord having ripped down an 80yr old ceiling, without telling me beforehand, from the silicone rubber track under the keys of a midi keyboard (two floors below me mind you, through 2 locked doors also - that dust was possessed by the spirit of some Puritan arsehole). I really wish I hadn't... :(

PS I have had similar trouble, but not quite as bad I think, with some AK midcaps - I didn't go through a whole rigmarole (no offence to rigmarole devotees :) ), I just put a single drop of silicone oil on the bit of plastic which sits on the top of the spring (the follower) and stacked them upright to let it run down into the tube. They worked a lot better after that.

Archived