Beginners Guide to Close Quarter Battles

QuadMachine
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 2 months later...

Although I am relatively new to this, there are a few things I would add:

-In CQB you do get hit a lot, so after each session, study where you are getting hit a lot and learn from it. I know my 1st couple of sessions I was always getting hit in the arms. This is because everyone naturally holds a gun with their elbows out horizontally making them easy to hit. I now try to keep my elbows pointed at the floor, this makes you a smaller target.

-A foldable stock may not help much in CQB but I find the collapsible one on my MP5 is awesome as I can shorten it bringing the gun closer to my face so that when I peek round a corner, my gun covers more of my face. This presents a smaller target area. Shortening the stock to keep the gun closer in also makes it easier to keep it pointed where you're looking for longer and also makes you a more compact target area.

-Once you have your shortened stock secure on your shoulder and your elbows pointed down, you will find that you naturally avoid the 2 main problems with looking around corners or obstacles. If you look 1st then bring your gun around, you will get shot before you can shoot back. If you poke your gun around 1st, enemies will be ready for your head to appear. If your gun is held in close to your face as I have described, you will naturally poke the gun around whilst still constantly looking down the sights ready to shoot.

-Practice shooting left handed (or right handed if you're left handed), half of all corners go the wrong way to effectively shoot around without changing hands. Obviously take this into account when choosing slings etc.

• Supporters

Some sound advice there, my 2p worth would be :-

1)short gun/wepons are far easier to move with.

2)get as big a mag as you can, mag changes *can* slow you down in a fast paced game, or allow your oposition to get the drop on you, unless you have uber skills ... i dont, thats why i love my mp5k's 2500 drum mag :wub:

3)you dont need high ROF, but i find that 14 - 17 bb's a sec is a nice ballance to weight of fire and ammo conservation.

4)LISTEN all the time, you can often hear someone strike a pyro and get into cover (thats why i have a BFG ... they make no sound till detonating), or if your being sneaky, you can hear people aproaching from distance.

5)shadows are your friend, you can hide easliy and be all sneaky and ninja :ph34r:

6)aviod doorways as much as you can, or cross them quickly.

7)be as small a target as possiable, look at how you stand in a mirror

8)stand back from windows if shooting out of them, it makes you harder to see.

9)often flee'ing or drawing the oposition into a trap is a good thing ;)

10)avoid being lulled into a false sense of security (see point 9)

11)corners and doors ... thats where the danger is

12)Knee pads!

13)keep your load out minimal ... nothing worse then being loaded down with junk, or with a chest rig thats restrictive etc.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned wearing a helmet- they're to my mind a piece of safety equipment when doing cqb/indoors etc to stop you smashing your head on doorways etc.

this. I do not wear helmet, I'm at least 6'4 and darn have I hit my head painfully.

(oh and I got one now, even thou I never had a chance to use it yet)

a rifle with a folding stock is NOT good for CQB.

I have to disagree with you on this one.

All too many times I've seen a barrel rounding the corner before the player knowing exactly where they are long before they've seen me. As while I round a corner with my mp5k, you'll see my face and my barrel pretty much at the same time.

and after all, AEGs got little to non recoil

Archived