ID these/this plate carrier please?

AirsoftTed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

Yet again I'm chaging around my loadout, hopefully this time for good.

Can any of you that are familiar with either Arma 2 or USMC FR (Don't know if the game's depiction is accurate) ID the plate carriers being worn here?

Sorry for the poor pictures, they're all I could find.

I think the two marines I'll be copying are wearing the same PC but I'm unsure:

team-razor_zps56a3f7c9.jpg

pic_1242753809_zps8ea29f33.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help lads.

Looks like a chest rig mroe than a plate carrier.

Warrior make dam good ones.

Thanks Lads, Haven't played the game in a while so couldn't tell.

Thanks for the Link M_P, for that price I'll definetly be picking up one in each colour :wub:

As someone who's never worn a chest rig, will I find it front heavy (sagging) due to the lack of a rear to weigh it down?

EDIT:

I'll get a back panel if that is the case, such a noob when it comes to chest rigs lol.

May go with an assault pack, I seem to remember Coops running an ALICE belt with two ammo pouches and a canteen, I liked the look of that.

Anyone know if they come in CB and if not, is the contrast between CB and CT too much? I suspect once I get it all sufficiently muddied no one will be able to tell :ph34r:

If its for a force recon loadout for that time period you will want either an RRV (rhodesian recon vest) in Coyote brown, a land Ciras plate carrier or an eagle industries MBAV or MBSS

Cheers Mack, been looking at the RRV's and can't seem to see one with the buckles on the front. Do you think that was a fictional addition on Bohemia's part to make it look better, or is there a proper version I'm failing to find?

EDIT:

Just noticed the buckles are indeed on the RRV, just much higher up.

Going to try and get one for a reasonable price, if not I'm going to go for either the WAS 901 or one of the other alternatives you listed Mack

If you can pick up an RRV and the backplate from an MBSS you should be good to go. I know flyye do a version of both.

An OD 901 would be good as CT will be far too light in shade. If you're going for coops, he doesn't have a backplate but just a hydration carrier being worn as a backpack. He does have an alice belt rig with canteen and a sustainment pouch

Archived