The "Share A Bargain" Thread

Jamin1510
Message added by Jedi_Master

MODERATOR MESSAGE

The "Share a Bargain" Thread should only contain posts about bargains. For example, a retailer code with 15% saving.  It is a topic to help forum members save some money on items.  Please add a link to the shop/site with the bargain to help other members find it.

It is not the place for member gun / kit adverts, they go into the Classifieds.

If you want to discuss different brands then create a new topic. Unnecessary posts (replies and general chat) will be removed.

Discussion about bargains here can be discussed 

• Supporters

Propper's alright, just don't plan on using it in summer. Thick, heavy construction; good for the cooler times for sure but you'll sweat your everythings off in June. I've had their standard ACU cut trousers and shirt, still got one of their combat shirts in ATACS-FG and I purely reserve it as a winter use item. The material on the torso is unbelievably thick compared to every other brand I've ever tried; wore it to Red1 CQB once in July and spent the whole day just hating it.

• Head Moderator

If warrior did the A-TACS jacket then UK Tactical sale would be worth getting.

• Moderators

ok got another email today (last night) saying the sale ends!....previous was 3rd Jan! haha

gotta be a glitch...

• Moderators

and another still code 2016 but ends in 4 days?

Yea I just got a WAS 901 rig in olive drab n dump pouch with the 30% off too.

• Moderators

Just used the '2016' code and its works. Got £40 off a was 901 chest rig and back panel in mc

did that monday and got the Atacs AU reduced :) .....cant get the FG one.....yet...........she'll kill me if another one turns up!! haha

there will be another 20+ % soon, and last time i got the tan back panel reduced before discount.....i'll have to resist!!! resist i tell ya!

unless anyone can store it for me for a few months!!! :)

• Supporters

eHobby Asia has a load of guns reduced in price, half tempted by the G3 High Cycle. Although not sure how it would work up with all the fees potentially added in.

Add the cost of the gun and shipping, work out 30% of that figure (20% VAT and something around 10% import duty) + about £12. If your budget can cover that, you'll be fine, it's a worst case scenario estimation and should come in a bit less. Obviously there's a chance you'll get away with it too, I've had a few packages arrive in past couple of weeks that were due VAT and were written up accordingly on the paperwork, but no charges.

I'd say the quicker you order the more likely they are to still be dealing with the christmas backlog.

• Supporters

Add the cost of the gun and shipping, work out 30% of that figure (20% VAT and something around 10% import duty) + about £12. If your budget can cover that, you'll be fine, it's a worst case scenario estimation and should come in a bit less. Obviously there's a chance you'll get away with it too, I've had a few packages arrive in past couple of weeks that were due VAT and were written up accordingly on the paperwork, but no charges.

I'd say the quicker you order the more likely they are to still be dealing with the christmas backlog.

Cheers, I can never remember how to calculate it and a worst case scenario seems the best way to budget for it. That said i've just remembered my UKARA number expired today, pretty funny I forgot given I drove to my local shop to renew it to find it shut today...

It's not until you consider the money it saves by making your wife redundant and you're able to get rid of her that you realise how much of a bargain it truly is ;)

ahh the old waterproof microphone for those karaoke moments in the shower.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Head Moderator

UK Tactical are offering 20% off Claw Gear - the CIL breathable soft shell jacket and the Harpagus Hoody until Friday 22 January, Use discount code SOFTSHELL20

The Claw Gear Harpagus Soft Shell Hoody Solid Rock (grey) is £115.79 after discount. http://www.uktactical.com/p-11730-claw-gear-harpagus-soft-shell-hoody-solid-rock.aspx?utm_source=form-signups&utm_campaign=introductory-offer-on-new-clawgear-jackets&utm_medium=http---sendy-uktactical-com&[email protected]&sendy_campaign=Bg4lOWJLlEdrqz6G4ZKAKA

• Head Moderator

UK Tactical http://www.uktactical.com/ offering 10% off everything on the site, which ends Friday 22 January - use code: EVERYTHING10

• Head Moderator

Is it me or dose uk tactical look more and more like a subsidiary of DFS?? (With the exception being when I want something)

They do have regular discounts, some are good savings which have tempted me on numerous occasions. I bought my Warrior chest rig due to the discount and was pleased that I did. I know what you mean about not having the code when you need one! Just need to wait and see if one comes out, I now only buy if thete is some saving never full price. Best answer is to receive their emails of offers, I only post a few of them.