The "Share A Bargain" Thread

Jamin1510
Message added by Jedi_Master

MODERATOR MESSAGE

The "Share a Bargain" Thread should only contain posts about bargains. For example, a retailer code with 15% saving.  It is a topic to help forum members save some money on items.  Please add a link to the shop/site with the bargain to help other members find it.

It is not the place for member gun / kit adverts, they go into the Classifieds.

If you want to discuss different brands then create a new topic. Unnecessary posts (replies and general chat) will be removed.

Discussion about bargains here can be discussed 

Mmmmmmmmm... nice tongue/ringpiece interface i feel there :lol:

yep :)

but seriously after other forums I've been one, this one is like a breath of fresh air

• Supporters

Yeah, it is good - obviously there is moderation but it's done either featherlightly (it's a word now) or with a finality that goes way beyond any jackboot, leaving no reason or opportunity for the fruits of the worst tendencies which we all possess to one degree or another, namely dickheadery, to get out of hand. People here do tend to 'get it' quite quickly or bugger off, so there's no need for us to zero in, fna fna, on every infraction of the letter of the rules. I'm looking forward to spending more time here again - i've been really ill and just too jealous of everyone going on about airsoft when i was getting worried i might never be able to skirmish again. Not that i'm not jealous now mind, but i've decided it's better for me to lump it and keep semi-current with what a gwaan an ting...

• 5 weeks later...
  • Supporters
  • 1 month later...
  • Supporters

Bargain G&G GC4 & GC16 metal receiver M4 variants folks!

Newsletter from Airsoft World this morning:

In the run up to Christmas Airsoft World is having a very special promotion.

Choose between either;

G&G GC4 G26 30th Anniversary Limited Edition AEG (Available in Black & Dark Earth)

G&G GC16 MOD0 30th Anniversary Limited Edition AEG (Available in Black & Dark Earth)

For only £149.95 (RRP £200)

This is your chance to own a piece of G&G history with an individually serialised limited edition rifle.

Each rifle comes with full metal trademark embossed receivers and high-end combat machine internals.

The GC16 MOD0 comes with some additional extras.

- 3x RIS rail segments

- Removable front and rear sights

- 450 round magazine

Guaranteed to be the best G&G rifle deal in the UK. Once they are gone, they are gone.

• Supporters

^^Holy shoot, batman! That's a good price - the version 1 works excellently, so I'd expect the same or better from the version 2. f-s here i come...

It seems f-s have come to their senses regarding shipping costs too - £3.50 signed for (OK it is 60p over what RM charge, but they need an envelope and a small gratuity lol)

Edited by Ian_Gere
shipping

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/as-aeg-folding-stock-koer

AS VAL for £100 on taiwan gun, really tempted myself

Bloody hell that is tempting. Even though I have nothing to carry the mags in... There are no production midcaps for it though, iirc.

Airsoft World have a flash sale TODAY ONLY on the SRC Gas Blowback AKS74U Airsoft Rifle at £149.95!!!!! No idea what its like tbh other than full metal (stamped steel according to review) and real wood, 45rd mag, but its over £100 off!!!

Blooming tempting.

THIS IS FLASH SALE TODAY 28/11/14 ONLY!

Won't let me link direct but go to special offers on their site and click the "flash sale" icon.

Edited by straffham

• Supporters

SRC Gas Blowback AKS74U has a poor reputation.

SRC Gas Blowback AKS74U has a poor reputation.

Well I've ordered one so will see how it goes, been thinking about a gbbr for a while to tinker with (as opposed to being a primary) so it seems a lot of gun for pretty much Combat Machine money. Any known issues to be aware of that you know of?

• Supporters

Off the top of my head i think the feed lips on the mags are reputed to be easily knackered, but I believe that the main concern is that the whole design isn't reliable. This may be prejudice however because some SRC guns have a well deserved bad rep (M4's) and some people just don't like many of their guns because they often use proprietary parts which cannot be upgraded with aftermarket parts easily (I have one of their G36's and, apart from the hop rubber it comes with, it is good, but it does have a proprietary hop chamber which doesn't do anything differently to the TM design most use, it's just not quite the same shape, which means the best upgrade is the one it came with - SRC's own pot metal design as opposed to their plastic design, but it works fine anyway so no problem, except... if, as i did, you lose the little rod which pushes the rubber onto the BB in place of a standard nub, you cannot buy any old ACM hop unit just for that part, you have to get an SRC - this bugs me, as does the fact that the gun will never evolve - there is no CNC 7075 ali hop upgrade for eg). You may find that there are similar differences in their GBBR design.

I'm not into GBB at all though - even my pistols are NBB, so I tend to skim/skip posts in forums/fb which concern them.

Off the top of my head i think the feed lips on the mags are reputed to be easily knackered, but I believe that the main concern is that the whole design isn't reliable. This may be prejudice however because some SRC guns have a well deserved bad rep (M4's) and some people just don't like many of their guns because they often use proprietary parts which cannot be upgraded with aftermarket parts easily (I have one of their G36's and, apart from the hop rubber it comes with, it is good, but it does have a proprietary hop chamber which doesn't do anything differently to the TM design most use, it's just not quite the same shape, which means the best upgrade is the one it came with - SRC's own pot metal design as opposed to their plastic design, but it works fine anyway so no problem, except... if, as i did, you lose the little rod which pushes the rubber onto the BB in place of a standard nub, you cannot buy any old ACM hop unit just for that part, you have to get an SRC - this bugs me, as does the fact that the gun will never evolve - there is no CNC 7075 ali hop upgrade for eg). You may find that there are similar differences in their GBBR design.

I'm not into GBB at all though - even my pistols are NBB, so I tend to skim/skip posts in forums/fb which concern them.

Cheers for that, fair comments Ian. I had a secondhand SRC M4 years ago that was pretty good in its day and used entirely standard parts (or possibly had upgrades,I'm not sure) but it never let me down to be fair despite its poor reputation. Their recent G36 seems to be quite well thought of from posts on here. The Hop on the gbb 74 looks close to a TM AK in design but how close remains to be seen. Looked at a few videos of the gun in action (not just retailer ones, although AW's review states its the best gun SRC have made. . . hmmm) which is what clinched it for me. As to what aftermarket internals are available I've no idea, but I'll see how it performs and go from there.

• Supporters

• 5 months later...