The "Share A Bargain" Thread

Jamin1510
Message added by Jedi_Master

MODERATOR MESSAGE

The "Share a Bargain" Thread should only contain posts about bargains. For example, a retailer code with 15% saving.  It is a topic to help forum members save some money on items.  Please add a link to the shop/site with the bargain to help other members find it.

It is not the place for member gun / kit adverts, they go into the Classifieds.

If you want to discuss different brands then create a new topic. Unnecessary posts (replies and general chat) will be removed.

Discussion about bargains here can be discussed 

Unfortunately not, nearly purchased it myself but as I've only just gone and got the WE Gen4 Glock 17 I thought it might have been a bit to early to get a 2nd pistol!

Third time re-writing this whole thing as whenever I go to a different tab to get links it's re-directing me to AF-UK home when I return and thus I lose my progress on this comment.

Anyway about a week ago I picked up a 32L backpack for £12.99!

I know what you're thinking.

You know what, it actually doesn't seem too bad for the price.

I wouldn't recommend it for use in a skirmish (if I did, I wouldn't expect it to hold up) but it's perfect as a gear / kit back, bringing your consumables (gas, ammo, the tactical sandwiches / Mars Bars etc)

It was actually the least expensive one I found on eBay. Buy it Now and free postage.

Plus it was shipped from down south (of England) Needless to say this reduced the waiting time significantly and if arrived within the week as opposed to a month and a half. However, I do know that it is the same a Chinese product.

I've done a YouTube video on it if you're interested.

This is my rig. Although the next one I get will be a genuine Condor Tactical Operators PC this Bulle Olive Chest Harness is a very nice piece of kit, especially if you either play a lot of CQC or you're a sniper who wants a lightweight platform for carrying a few mags. Great for the airsofter on a budget too. The MOLLE section where you can attach an admin pouch for example can be folded inside the vest to further increase mobility and restrict movement less. My vest does feel quite big and bulky with my pouches on however but use whatever pouches and configurations work well for you.

Also comes in Tan.

Alternatively I would probably say this is even better. It's a very similar design, by the same company. Except if comes with the pouches! This is a brilliant package for anyone getting into airsoft.

If you get the tan version it's the same price as the other rig I just mentioned but the olive version is out or stock and another £10. It's also available in MultiCam.

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/sdtmb6nx.html

post-7670-0-94171700-1387015586_thumb.jpg

post-7670-0-53388700-1387015900_thumb.jpg

I was considering getting one of these

http://www.ex-mod-textiles.com/shop/jackets/british-army-desert-tactical-1089456.html

They also have the DPM version. Sounds like the pouches you get with it will be fairly random though.

• Supporters

I was considering getting one of these

http://www.ex-mod-textiles.com/shop/jackets/british-army-desert-tactical-1089456.html

They also have the DPM version. Sounds like the pouches you get with it will be fairly random though.

The DPM one is a different beast - a plain Assault Vest. The DDPM one is a molle vest which actually provides more flexibility than subsequent issue rigs which replaced it. If you get the pouches pictured it's a fair deal, depending on P&P, but I'd nail 'em down over exactly what pouches they have, because simply 6 ammo pouches would be a PITA - in the fullness of time you'll want the molle space for pouches to fit things like:

radio &/or phone, pyros &/or BFG/s, pistol mags, serpa holster, 40mm moscart/s, shotgun shells, admin panel w/ paperwork pouch &/or a map/notebook pouch, loose BB's (can go in pretty much any good sized pouch, but you're better off using a good sized utility pouch {8"x6" min} so that you're not struggling to get them out or away again and also so that it catches any spilled BB's + you can use it for all kinds of stuff for longer games like tactical sarnies) + don't forget things which may go in pockets, but pockets can get obstructed by webbing/gear like: pocket knife / multi-tool / speedloader/s / insulation tape / cable ties / paracord / chewing gum / boiled sweets / chocolate / fags / lighter / wallet / change for brews / GPS / lens caps off sights / spare gas / camo cream / pen / sneaky beaky devices / and whatever else you might have a play with. Water is best in a back carried hydration bladder.

I'm not suggesting that you will end up wanting all of the above or that, even if you do, you'll want to carry all of it at once, just that, out of 6, 2 ammo pouches will very quickly be redundant - resale value of DDPM ammo pouches = £1 + P&P.

Anyhoo, the reason I came back to this thread: we've been chatting radios recently - this bloke has one each new pairs of TLKR T5's and TLKR T7's at good-to-fair prices. Auctions end Wednesday am.

EDIT: this person has one of those molle DDPM vests for half the price with 4 pouches. Auction ends 22/12 11:26 am.

I think I will stick with a coyote version of my current vest.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F51MZXO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2HY33OEHXA2K1

Its well made and comes with lots of pouches I don't need plus a couple of useful ones. That way I don't have to get used to a totally different set of gear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Free to a good home: 1 x British Army DPM S95 Jacket 180/104 - a bit knackered but well usable / 1st come 1st served - you just need to pay the postage which will i think be £6.70 for 2nd Class Recorded, but if I can't get it folded into "Medium Parcel" size, or it's over 2Kg, it will be more.

I think I will stick with a coyote version of my current vest.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F51MZXO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2HY33OEHXA2K1

Its well made and comes with lots of pouches I don't need plus a couple of useful ones. That way I don't have to get used to a totally different set of gear.

Cheers for that just ordered

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

How much do I want that Sten? I can almost taste its full metal BSA licensed goodness...

Would make WW2 re-enactment games a doddle for kit too - just retask my telnyashka and a beret, get some onions => Voila le Maquis bien sur!

I soo want that sten now. No onions for me, I don't want to be the guy crying cos he got shot in the onions :D

just as well i hate stens. think it was medal of honours fault but i just hated the things. on the other hand i always loved the BAR, somehow i doubt ill ever see one at that price... :(

Damn you Remus, I am now the owner of a Sten, now I'm gunna have to get mags and a ww2 loadout and it's all your fault :D

Remus is kinda forgiven, the sten has arrived and its a thing of beauty. I totally love it!

All steel, weighs a tonne, very solid.

• Supporters

If the ASG is a clone of the A&K (which most of 'em seem to be) then it's cheaper than most to get up to skirmishable standards, but there are some essentials that you need before even bothering, IMO, even though it should reach about 440FPS OOTB. The stock hop unit is such a ball ache - it needs a hex key into the top to adjust, which means the top cover has to be off.

The advanced one from airsoftpro.cz is easy to fit and works like a G36 type but a bit more precise, so you can adjust it simply by drawing back the bolt catch (although that is also cocking it, so if you let it return forward after cocking, then "open the chamber" to adjust the hop, you'll have put a 2nd BB into the hop unit - you need to cock then hold the bolt to adjust the hop, then let the bolt catch go).

Also the bolt catch is quite small to pull an M150 spring back - with one, maybe one & a half fingers, so you need to buy the extended handle - here it is with a good pile of bits of varying necessity. You can get most of it from Daz on ASPUK too, but not as cheaply. Even so it's a fair drag to cock...

I put in a Madbull Ultimate 590 x 6.01mm TBB which upped the FPS to around 540, which meant I could drop the spring to an Element M135 to come in at around 492 with 0.2g BB's - ppl say you can fit a 650mm barrel in them, but that puts the inner barrel well into the flash hider. visible through the slots, besides doing so may well make it difficult to acheive top FPS without going over 500, so you'd have to drop to a M130 and lose 10-15FPS, down to maybe 385... anyhoo, it's a lot easier to use like this.

Edit: in reply to Remus above, doh!

fps- i would have to downgrade it to be playable anyway so fps loss aint an issue(stupid ni 328 flat limit) just accuaracy etc. not that snipers are much use here as a result but im still thinking of it....

• Supporters

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Tokarev goodness... Hasn't got a good rep though. There is one that has, but i'm buggered if i can remember what make - it's not a common manufacturer; in fact the only thing i can remember for sure is that it has a double stack mag so 20-odd rounds rather than the 11 which this'n & the SRC both take.