Manufacturer Recommendations

DX115FALCON
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Area in which to discuss different manufacturers, ask questions about specific guns.

A few that I want to know about:

ICS

SRC

ARES

Umarex

Umrarex are not a brand or manufacturer, they are a licensing company.

They have other companies make their guns for them.

Umarex are licensing, they get companies (For example Ares and others to make their guns). Ares I heard have great externals, but not great internals (Some could argue that), SRC are abit more budget, and have alright quality from what i've heard. And ICS, are probably the best out the 4 (Correct me if im wrong) Good externals and internals. Bit higher quality ;) (I haven't owned any of these brands, just what i've heard ;D)

• Supporters

ICS - bombproof

SRC - Gen III guns are pretty good, the rest not worth the aggro upgrading them yourself

Ares - look great, feel great, some shoot great too, but they only last a few mins

Not had an Umarex, but they're all different manufacturers anyway.

OK. So ICS seems like a good choice then.

But what about TM? I hear that their guns are some of the best on the market, but am not sure if they justify the price that they are sold for. Anyone?

• Supporters

Very Few bit's from TM are worth it anymore considering the price of other cheaper Clone's that do just as well Eg M14-Cyma, AK-Cyma, JG-Scorpion & Well's MP7 AEP. Their Pistol's barely Rate anymore IMHO unless it's a Custom or Rare Pistol-KWA Their Old M3 Shotguns are seemingly over priced because of DE, So the Long and short of it is VSR's or Recoil Shock's

i really rate my VFC, they are a little pricey but i think the build quality is good and mine has only had one problem in like 3 years. its compatible with TM stuff as far as i have tried.

G&G

nuff said

Very Few bit's from TM are worth it anymore considering the price of other cheaper Clone's that do just as well Eg M14-Cyma, AK-Cyma, JG-Scorpion & Well's MP7 AEP. Their Pistol's barely Rate anymore IMHO unless it's a Custom or Rare Pistol-KWA Their Old M3 Shotguns are seemingly over priced because of DE, So the Long and short of it is VSR's or Recoil Shock's

-The TM M14 is still holding well for it's age. External quality is great and still performs excellently.

-The AK47 is bombproof and last forever. I agree that is has fallen behind though. LCT,VFC and CYMA are the go to brands for AK. It can be purchased pretty cheap.

-Well scorpion and Mp7 are not great,but the JG skorpion is quite good.

The TM Mp7 AEP and Skorpion AEP are overpriced as hell though,even in Japan.

-Tri shots badly need an update,they are very good but they have no support for spare parts. You can get an M3 for about 150$ is Japan though,so they still justify their price,just barely.

-Pistols are still good,but only say,post 2006/2007 ones. KWA is very good,barring their not so great 1911s. TMs are expensive outside of japan,but justify their price.

But otherwise your right,VSRs,Recoil shocks and the high cycle range is their main focus.

Old TM prolines do not justify their price,barring a few models(P90,ak47,type 89,AUG)

TL;DR: Buying a TM? Recoil shock,high cycle,VSR,pistol or GTFO. Oh, and buy from Japan or you will have to stop eating.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good. So unless I have lots of cash, buy a clone rather than an actual TM?

• Supporters

Sounds good. So unless I have lots of cash, buy a clone rather than an actual TM?

Depends what gun you want. Basically, if you've got the money for a new model TM, yeah if that's what you fancy, but I'm not convinced that what you get for the cash translates into money well spent once you're in the field - I mean, so long as your gun is working fine, you hardly ever think "I wish this gun..." about anything other than range and accuracy (unless it looks like something that came out of a very large xmas cracker, but that's a different issue).

Even if you've got the money for a TM, in most cases I reckon you'd get more skirmish-ability out of a clone as the base for upgrades and a TBB, CNC hop unit, Prometheus or Madbull rubber, good ali nozzle, SHS & ICS gearbox upgrade bits, Guarder Teflon Grease, Silver plated low res wire, Deans connectors, KK MOSFET, 11.1V LiPo and you'll probably still have money left for an optic!

Marui prices are hilariously inflated outside of Japan. 300€(260£) For a 10 year old s]bloody SKorpion AEP? No thank you. It's on Echigoya for 170€(145£)

Dunno,about the UK,but In Ireland prices here are inflated to a silly rate also. A TM AK from Echigoya will be roughly 230€(200£) ,with shipping and maybe a battery.

That's the price of a CYMA AK (028 or 031),G&G RK47 or Classic Army sportline AK with a battery and charger. It's silly.

So if you're buying a TM you're better off importing from Japan,they are actually worth their price then.

Don't forget King Arms guns

Both my KA rifles have awesome performance and are streets ahead of the usual suspects and I haven't touched a thing in them, TM recoils are all well and lovely but highly over rated based on those I have tried and seen used at our site

• 3 weeks later...

The MP5s are brilliant, had mine for more than a year and the only trouble i've had was from the hop unit. Utterly brilliant, just needs a TBB in.

edit: If I were you, I'd go for the CM.041J or the 041B. In my opinion they're the best in their MP5 range as main weapons, with the PDW and the K you're looking at more of a sniper's backup

CYMA M14s are pretty good,but need some minor gearbox and hop up work. Also has some external problems due to bad metal quality.

CYMA CM048 is a great gun,pretty solid VFC clone,metal quality is great for a clone,solid as a brick. very little GB work needed,just a reshim and regrease. Performs pretty well too,great for the price.

It's full steel. I'd reccomend any CYMA AK over the 048 number.

Avoid the CYMA CM031,crap marui clone,bad internals and externals.

• Supporters

I'd also recommend the CYMA CM.028U - it's plastic but surprisingly sturdy and shoots really well. For the price it's excellent and shoots better than many more expensive huns.

Archived