Airsoft World

Toast

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Trusted in that they dont take money and not deliver or something like that, but have a look at the reviews on here. Not all my transactions have been trouble free.

On the whole one of my favoured places

Have had a few faulty items from them but repaired one myself and the other they exchanged

I've used them, and they've been o.k.

You can post messages with them, but these can take a over a day to get a replay

I met the guys at the War and Peace show last year, they were selling airsoft guns to people with out UKARA membership, not sure why though.

Perhaps they'll be at this years one.

• Root Admin

Over the counter I'd imagine it's a little different - especially at the War and Peace show. Remember, they only have to be sure you're a legitimate airsoft player. The pellet/air rifle lot do the same thing - they will sell you a gun online but will come to your house and deliver it by hand.

• Supporters

Never had a problem with them but truth be told it all went smoothly tbh

think there is a 5% discount code knocking about or give them a FaceBook likey will do the trick I think

LWA - second time I used them I did my nut as I paid for gun weeks before ukara came through but they had sold it

but still use LWA quite often

Zero One - lots of people slate them, but in fact had to return item and they refunded me in full inc return postage as it was their cock up

Pro Airsoft - was amazing as they came through when LWA let me down, they have changed hands since and not all staff are the same so can't comment

JD Airsoft - seemed ok for a couple of orders but heard their tech dept are not great for repairs & upgrades

There are some others but only listed those above that I have ordered from a couple of times

Truth be told, there are gonna be the odd bad tale now n then with most retailers

It is how they handle it when things don't go according to plan and you get to sample how good their customer care is

Stay away from sites with BB in their names and you should be fine

• 2 weeks later...

There's a thread on this forum in the same category as this titled 'airsoft world/what a joke' there's a couple of posts in there where one guy got his gun but had to chase the rest of his order for 14 weeks.

• 2 months later...

Ordered from them yesterday and received my order today. All parts correct and well packaged.

• 6 months later...

I've been buying bits and pieces from Airsoft World for about a decade* now; they seemed to go through a strange 'toy selling phase' but whether or not there has been a change of ownership since, they are now back to selling some good stuff again.

Last week, whilst having a quick peruse before bed (bad mistake) I chanced upon a pre-owned TM M4 MWS with seven magazine for £440. As I had the cash from my A&K PKM sale burning a hole in my pocket, I snapped this up. Good job Wolf Armories had sold out on that WE SD3...

My VCRA defence was checked by the morning, and the order was processed and packed off by the end of the next day. Annoyingly, UPS failed to deliver before the weekend, but the box arrived on Monday, really well packed and everything working as it should.

Quick service with regular email updates with regards to the order status.

Precis: Well worth checking out; their email answering can be a bit abrupt (although anyone who ever called them up in the good old days to order would know about certain staff's very dry humor and typical 'North of the Border' zero f**ks given approach to product recommendation) though.

Have also bought a GBB via JD Bay (never used before) and will review upon arrival.

*I have fond memories of sheltering underneath their stand at a War and Peace Show at Paddock Wood during an almighty thunderstorm; the crashing aerial booms only matched by Frenchie's hollering indignation at the sky...!

Mixed one from me regarding Airsoft World:

Normally buy almost all my guns/parts from Airsoft World all without incident, apart from my last order.

Purchased a TM DEAGLE from them 28/11, received on the 30/11. Opened the package to find the 10inch version. Rang them up the next day, and was being emailed a UPS label to send the item back for a straight swap as someone in the warehouse packaged up the wrong version. Not a problem, mistakes happen. Received the returns label on the 3/12 Sent the item back on the 7/12 due to the weekend. Tracked the Parcel to find it was signed for on the 12/12, rang them back up and was told they received it but the person dealing with my RMA returns? was not in today and would deal with it the next day 13/12. Called back up today, firstly was told they had not received it until i told them to check the tracking number. Was then told sorry but the standard version was out of stock (even tho i was told a straight swap would be no problem and they would keep one put aside for me). Issued a ticket refund, not even for the full amount. Was docked £3.00 for what i presume was a re-stocking fee for the gun sent back?. To be honest it sounded that they couldn't be bothered on the phone, no offer of a different pistol/gun. I may have been tempted to part with some more cash for another model. Even overheard them talking about whom sold the one i sent back! which is the reason they couldn't find it until it was tracked. Shall be going elsewhere from now on..

• 8 months later...

1st and last time I use these clowns.

Paid xtra for next day delivery but it can take them as long as they like to process your order. 
Upon calling their sales team for an explanation I was told that it clearly states in their T's & C's that delivery does not include processing time.
Apparently they were short staffed in their warehouse and I ended up paying for it.
No apologies, just tough luck buddy you get it when you get it.
Great customer service.... NOT!

No problems for me.

Ordered M4 CQB and arrived 2 days later.

I must have been lucky.

Cybergun rebadged CYMA so don't know whats going on there.

Edit: I did find same item cheaper at PatrolBase (DoH!)

never had an issue ordering from them. Service has always been great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
On 13/09/2017 at 0:46 PM, EDcase said:

Cybergun rebadged CYMA so don't know whats going on there.

I'd formed the tentative impression that they were different brandings from the same manufacturer.  Not the case?

Oh, on topic, it was airsoftworld.net that I ordered some .209 blanks from yesterday.  Despite saying that I couldn't use PayPal to pay for them, I did so and the order went through and is out with UPS for delivery today.  They have an issue ticketing system that they actually use, are very responsive, and it's easy to track your order at all stages.  I can't fault them.

• 3 months later...

i used them a few times at the back end of last year i would give the a 6/10 as i had problems with a few orders. some turning up late when i paid for a next day service ,and one of which never turned up at all - they had poor communications every time i phone told they was short staffed it took them over 2 months to refund me. ive not used them since 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My first time buying from this company and I had fantastic service. Bought a Dan Wesson revolver, WE/Cybergun Desert Eagle and some accessories.

I placed my order at about 1.55pm on Monday, it had dispatched within 2 hours and arrived after lunch on Tuesday very well packaged.

Couldn’t be happier with the service and communication overall.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a mixed review, ordered my shotgun from them, which I received within a few days. I also ordered some spare pistol magazine parts, all of which was stated in stock. It took over six weeks to be delivered. 

When I did speak to them, they said someone had left and hadn't sorted my order. Would be cautious next time. 

• 4 months later...
On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:33, Hoops said:

1st and last time I use these clowns.

Paid xtra for next day delivery but it can take them as long as they like to process your order. 
Upon calling their sales team for an explanation I was told that it clearly states in their T's & C's that delivery does not include processing time.
Apparently they were short staffed in their warehouse and I ended up paying for it.
No apologies, just tough luck buddy you get it when you get it.
Great customer service.... NOT!

Oh my goodness - THIS! If you must order from this bunch DO NOT pay the extra for their 'next working day' delivery - it's totally meaningless.

Reading reviews on here and having dealt with them over the past few days I am, frankly, amazed this kind of attitude still exits in a modern business environment.

My 'next working day' delivery (my first ever order placed with this company) took 96 hours to reach me! When I complained all I got from their oh-so-caring customer services bod was 'tough luck buddy - read the Ts & Cs'.  

What 'next working day delivery' actually means is the next working day after they have packed and processed your order. And that can take them as long as it takes. So, in essence, you're paying extra for nothing.

My order was well into three figures cost. I had planned to spend a total of around £1000 with them. Won't be doing that now.

Seems utterly bizarre that they have this apparent - mentioned in other reviews on here - 'zero fcuks given' attitude to their customers.

In my case it's just cost them hundreds of pounds of custom. And a little consideration and politeness would have been all it took to keep me buying. Surely no way to run a business?

I wonder whether the boss, Steve Madley (who lives in Slovenia apparently), knows that this is how his staff approach customers.

11 hours ago, New2Airsoft said:

Oh my goodness - THIS! If you must order from this bunch DO NOT pay the extra for their 'next working day' delivery - it's totally meaningless.

Reading reviews on here and having dealt with them over the past few days I am, frankly, amazed this kind of attitude still exits in a modern business environment.

My 'next working day' delivery (my first ever order placed with this company) took 96 hours to reach me! When I complained all I got from their oh-so-caring customer services bod was 'tough luck buddy - read the Ts & Cs'.  

What 'next working day delivery' actually means is the next working day after they have packed and processed your order. And that can take them as long as it takes. So, in essence, you're paying extra for nothing.

My order was well into three figures cost. I had planned to spend a total of around £1000 with them. Won't be doing that now.

Seems utterly bizarre that they have this apparent - mentioned in other reviews on here - 'zero fcuks given' attitude to their customers.

In my case it's just cost them hundreds of pounds of custom. And a little consideration and politeness would have been all it took to keep me buying. Surely no way to run a business?

I wonder whether the boss, Steve Madley (who lives in Slovenia apparently), knows that this is how his staff approach customers.

Strange as I had nothing but exemplary service from them today using their webchat and when I've ordered even without using next working day its been delivered within 2 days.

25 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Strange as I had nothing but exemplary service from them today using their webchat and when I've ordered even without using next working day its been delivered within 2 days.

From reading reviews on here their approach does seem a bit bipolar. The two individuals I have had the distinct misfortune to have had to deal with were somewhat less than charming.

But I'm glad your dealings with them worked out well.

All I'm saying is - mine very distinctly DID NOT and I WOULD NOT under any circumstances deal with them again.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.