Airsoft World

Toast

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 1 month later...

I don't normally use AW only if something I want is out of stock elsewhere.

I bought about 25 Thermo Barics from them a while back and 10-15 didn't light, turned out to be a problem with the way they were made. Was promised replacements, they never turned up.

I also ordered some green gas ready for a game a few weeks back, ordered Friday and paid for Saturday delivery. Didn't arrive and got an email back on the Monday saying it never even got posted. Pay their due though, they offered a full refund or another tin of gas free, instead they through in a 5000 bag of .2's to make up for it.

I buy my gear from Airsoftworld to and never had any problems.

P.S does anyone know why it seems to be really hard to buy AEGs online now as everytime i go to buy something they seem to be out of stock forever, Mainly AGM, CYMA, JG.

• 5 months later...

P.S does anyone know why it seems to be really hard to buy AEGs online now as everytime i go to buy something they seem to be out of stock forever, Mainly AGM, CYMA, JG.

hi there i've heard that a lot of chinese clone factories got shut down as it's illegal to make replica weapons out there. when they got shut down the old bill over there took to moulds to make the guns

Looks like a really good site!

The layout/look of the site put me off at first but the prices are quite cheap!!

Will defo buy some from this site!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly all of my gear has been from Airsoft World. Yes, their delivery can be expensive, but i have always recieved my gear very quickly, either next day or 2-day delivery. I would thoroughly reccomend using them!

thay are probaly the best place ive shoped i bought stuff on sunday from them and it arrive when i was writing this

• 1 month later...

Got my lads gun from Airsoft world , before I ordered it phoned them up, and spoke to guy there very helpfull and patient with me. Also the gun and other kit only took just over one day to arrive witch is no to bad as we live in remote area in the north Highlands

• Supporters

Airsoft World are awesome.

I got my first AEG from them. I expressely requested it arrive by Sunday, ordering on a Thursday evening (I needed it for a game my friend was taking me to).

Friday morning they ring me to tell me that what I ordered is out of stock, but that for the same price they could ship me a roughly equivalent setup (all items same quality, just substitued for a different AEG) and could guarantee it would arrive Saturday by 9am.

It arrived the same evening.

Their shipping can be a little much, but if you call them I figure they'd work with you on getting an accurate shipping cost for you (website shipping is usually blanket fees for X item which fits Y box).

• 2 months later...

i'd never buy from them again bought a srcG36c from them it broke within 6 months of having it, it's only been used about 8 times.

I ending paying for it to be shipped back to them after they said that they'd cover the cost of it,

but they didn't even get intouch with me to tell me that it was fixed, they "forgot" to send me an e-mail, i waited over 2 weeks for a e-mail when in fact it was fixed within 5 days of me sending it back to them, and when i phoned up to pay them to return it to me and to complain they wern't arsed at about it an were very rude.

What I'd say is the general running is very good - site is easy to use, and postage is quick and efficient. However, god help you if you have a question, because they never answer their bloody emails.

And once they asked me to scan a copy of my driving licence to confirm my age -

(1) Whatever happened to using the electoral roll, like every other site does?

(2) Does that mean the last 5 times I ordered guns or pyro from them they didn't check?

(3) Added about a week to the order - apparently only one person is qualified to look at the scan, and they were out...

• Supporters

Generally, I'd encourage people to make enquiries over the phone when dealing with airsoft retailers in the UK - much easier and if you're ordering quite a lot of small bits, or just spending a lot in general, many places are willing to talk discount over the phone.

(Fire-support, zero-one and airsoft scotland have all previously offered me money off over the phone)

Interesting - over the phone has never worked for me - they'll always say "I have to check that, can I call you back", then never do. Trying to call again just puts you back to square one... maybe I've just been unlucky though.

On a side note, does anyone know the relationship between actionhobbies and airsoftworld? They seem to stock more or less the same products at the same time...

• Supporters

It tends to work better if you tell them what you want and ask them for a full price, then they give you a full price, and you realise you haven't got that much money to spend, and if you can't get all of the stuff you want, you might as well not order xD Then they'll start talking deals to make sure you order then and there.

I don't think there's a massive relationship; one is based in Scotland, the other in Milton Keynes. There IS some sort of relationship though; (oddly very petinently), I have previously called Airsoftworld (or as they were - airsoft scotland), and had stuff out of stock, and they've been able to sell me it at their price, but from ActionHobbies' warehouse and stock. That *was* about three years ago though, so things may have changed.

I've noticed that AirsoftWorld has, since then, majorly downplayed their Chinese stock levels...

• Supporters

I ordered my ACOG from Airsoft World and although it did arrive the next day, the reticule wasn't straight. It looked like someone had twisted it about 10 or so degrees clockwise.

So I emailed them to ask if there was anything I could do to fix it and I got a reply saying, "There probably is, but you shouldn't have to, send me your original order number and I'll arrange for a new one to be shipped out"

To this I asked how I'd get the broken one back to them and gave them my order number, then I never heard from them again, apart from a week later they emailed me to ask if I'd add a review of the scope to their site.

In the end I managed to sort the problem out myself and I did post a review for them and they have generally been helpful with my enquiries regarding the WE L85A2 but yeah. From my single buying experience I'm not sure what to make of them.

• 1 month later...

hi there i've heard that a lot of chinese clone factories got shut down as it's illegal to make replica weapons out there. when they got shut down the old bill over there took to moulds to make the guns

Thats good fo newbies, I dont think. Is it trademarks and copyright linked or just plain draconian laws of the kind we have heer?

• 3 months later...

ive ordered from airsoft world over a dozen times now and had no problems apart from when i sent my gun back with all the details on and didnt hear anything for week and a half so i rang them up and the engineer said he couldnt find it so he looked in the store room for about 30 mins then said that he has a g36c but has no details (which was my gun) i sent the details with the gun and they lost it.but in return they paid for p&p so overall very happy

• 5 months later...

well i have nothin but bad things to say about there aftersales. bought an m4 from them . then it started playin up , still under warranty. they said they were busy it will take 2 weeks . ok fair enough i have spare guns i thought. now 8 weeks later they havn,t looked at it .when i emailed they didn,t even remember were it was . thats after mailing and phoning every 2 weeks.Great work airsoftworld, get the finger out guys. Its your reputation on the line.

• 9 months later...

Fairly disappointed with AirsoftWorld ordered my full metal M4 near on a month ago and still yet to receive it. Yes I did pay the extra £10 for 2-Tone and it's STILL 5th in the que which it has been for a week. I was expecting it to be maybe a week added to the shipping giving them time to paint it but 3 and a half weeks is getting a bit to much.. Emailed them and yet to receive a reply. An even once it's painted I'll probably have to wait the standard 7-11 days for it to be delivered. Making it around 2 months... :(

have you talked to them on their facebook page? They're usually quite fast from experience...

have you talked to them on their facebook page? They're usually quite fast from experience...

I asked them if they could order in a magazine for me and they replied more or less instantly and said "will do. We have already DHL'd it". However, that was 5 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since. So, I asked what was going on with it and they deleted my post :( The only bad experience with Airsoft world so far.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.