Newbie incoming!

AlexCon92
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thought I'd register after weeks of gawking at all of the gun pics, the names Alex :)

I finally managed to find someone else who was into this airsoft business a few weeks ago after a change of office at work and have been hooked since! Been to a couple of games so far both at first and only sites (Bolton and Anzio camp in Leek) and loved them both. Luckily my mate at work lent me some kit and guns so it's been fairly cheap for me so far, but I'm a monkey see monkey do kind of guy so I know this is gonna be a money vacuum for me, it'll all be worth it though :)

Used a CYMA AK47 at Bolton so far which was great, and at Anzio I got to use my mates recently acquired (That morning in fact, it was still warm) G&P MOE CQB M4 and absolutely loved it! It's unfortunately just ever so slightly above my price range (Or double) for a first gun though obviously not including battery and mags etc, so probably gonna for a G&G GR16 CQW Rush (These gun names get quite a mouthful don't they) looks a nice gun which is a big thing for me, it's small and lightweight like me, and I've heard great things about G&G from various places

If anyone has any better ideas I'd love to hear them though? Big fan of the M4/HK416 style

to be fair, for the price range of sub £150 rifles, I have to say G&G has dominated the field. their CM16 can be purchased for as little as £99 on some websites and they are regarded as one of the best entry level rifles. In every ones airsoft career, they should own at least one G&G entry rifle IMHO

• Supporters

Welcome to the forum. The G&G "16" series are well regarded, as you've noticed. You've tried a CYMA AK, which, depending on model (as the newer ones are more expensive), can also be an excellent starter gun. My CYMA Tactical AK47 (CM.028U) fired so well that it's still the standard by which I judge other guns.

Other good choices are JG G36C:
jg-g608.jpg

or Gen III SRC G36KV:
ge-0637_full-stock.jpg

ICS MX5 A5 w/ Tactical Handguard:
mx5_a5_with_tactical_handguard.jpg
There are also 2 cheaper ICS MP5's: MX5 A4/A5 £137 or check out the ICS range of plastic bodied M4's & M16's.

and CYMA M14 SOCOM:
CM032A-BK.jpg

Hope that helps :) oh, and yeah, do take a moment to kiss goodbye to your disposable income :lol:

Archived