Getting hit with BBs !

breakdown
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Folks, Right I'm kinda new to this Airsoft malarkey, I've played four games so far and just got my own gun. Now I appreciated why there are rules to the game, if there was none it would be carnage.

Now the FPS limits I can understand, the single shot at less than 5 metres I'm cool with. If you can't hit somebody at 5 metres with a single shot you need your eyes tested or your gun sorted.

Now the rule about short burst fire over the 5 metre I don't get, probably 99 % of us have guns that are able to do full auto, so as long as the guy is at the right distance why not use it. Believe me I know what it's like to get light up with full auto,( a support gunner at about 10 metres he broke the site rules did I moan about it, no ) does it hurt not really, stings yes but hurt no, if you can't take being hit with a few BBs then take up knitting. Each game I have been to the amount of moaning I've heard about being hit with full auto. the phrase girls blouse springs to mind.

OR

"I had my hand up and I was still getting hit", really, your in an area of say a hundred square yards, with about 80+ folk all with guns shooting BB's and a few hit you while you had your hand is up. I've only played four games and I've lost count of the times that's happened. the obvious reason to me is they didn't see your hand up due to being obscured with trees or undergrowth or they just got caught up in the heat of the moment, again man up.

OR

"their not taking the hits" now there are a good few reasons they didn't feel/hear it. might be they didn't get hit, might be they assumed it was the bb hitting that tree next to him, could be with all the shouting of orders and the guys next to him shooting their guns he didn't hear it, whatever the reason we've all been there, it's not that we're cheating, we just didn't notice it. There has been a few times I've shot at guys, I'm sure I hit him but he didn't call hit, so what! I'm not going to get upset and ruin my day because of it I just shoot the next guy.

Why is there so much bitching, it's a game. I'm there to have fun. I accept that BB's sting at times that's the game get on with it.

Maybe sites could have HARDCORE days, no girls blouses allowed.

Your thoughts gentlemen

• Supporters

Seems like a pretty terrible idea, we get enough hate from insurance companies, the government and various other organisations and groups that we don't really need to invite anymore criticism.

Rules are rules, they're there for your safety. That and it wouldn't solve the bitching, it'd just aggravate it and turn it into confrontation.

As for people whinging all the time about hits etc. I just switch to angry-hosing when people won't take their hits. Since they're men of steel it only seems right to be allowed to give them a man-of-steel suitable short-burst. People who don't get out the way just get shouted down by my regular marshals since getting out the line of fire is actually in the safety brief.

• Supporters

Oh I'm all for "hardcore days" mate, but something else that people ought to accept as par for the course, IMO, is being vociferously sworn at for shooting people whose hands are up and are walking back to regen. You're right that we all know how it happens, but we also all know how it feels. In the grand scheme of things, calling someone a fcuking idiot probably doesn't stop them from making the same mistake again, because, as you say, it's probably not done on purpose, with malice aforethought as it were, but it certainly makes me feel better.

Personally I think that, so long as everyone is wearing adequate eye protection and at least something to stop teeth being knocked out, if not full face protection, then lighting each other up at point blank range is fair enough. But then again, I'd rather we played using the same sort of FPS limits as they use in the US as well. I think the pain you risk when you break cover is a major source of the excitement...

appreciate what your saying about insurance company's etc ( legalized extortion) And your probably right about the bitching, some people just like to bitch, but if it was made clear in the rules FULL auto was allowed and bitching about getting hit with BB's wasn't they could then be told to shut up of p**h off. Don't start me on the ones that use human shields.

• Supporters

In the US, from a few videos I've seen recently, they have a rule where if you shoot someone from less than 10ft away, you suicide yourself.

Declare yourself out for risking the other player's safety.

Personally, I think that's a bit wet. If they're paying to get shot, that's a risk they have to consider. Also, once they've been shot, what's the point in you being dead? It doesn't even make sense. It's not like it turns back time and saves them a welt, is it? =/

If The Stan tried to enforce that as a rule I'd tell them to fuck off. 350 isn't that bad, even at point blank. I wouldn't volunteer to have it done for nothing, but I can deal with it when it does happen.

It's seems an especially weird rule to come from the US though, 'cos I'm sure their CQB limits are around the 350 mark as well, so considering their 400+ outdoor limits, you'd have thought they'd be more ones for taking the, "Stfu and deal with it" approach.

• Supporters

In the US, from a few videos I've seen recently, they have a rule where if you shoot someone from less than 10ft away, you suicide yourself.

That does surprise me. The fcuking babies!

I think it should be a rule that you need to play paintball before airsoft, people wouldnt complain about getting shot with a BB at point blank after they have dealt with getting a paintball Point blank.

Use low or mid cap mags and rinsing people isn't an issue. Try aiming and double or treble tapping if you must. Overkill is not nice and there is no point to it! 1 BB hit = 1 kill / 1 BB Hit kill = Skill.

Alternatively fill a bucket with 3,000 bb's and pour it over your targets head then slap them round the face and shout "take your hits!"

Honestly I think this whole thing is a pointless debate. People are always going to commit 'human error'. People are always going to cuss about being shot a 'bit too much'. All the rules are there so we can play airsoft safely so I have no problem about it. As far as it goes I think its up to the site to set the rules for 'friendly' play and quality sportsmanship.

Personally I think that the 500FPS limit for bolt actions should be allowed for all weapons which can only fire in single fire mode (although I also see where that can go very wrong). I think that overall I have no problems with any rule in this sport.

Maybe I'm just lucky with the site I play at. I made an error in a match and shot a team mate in the neck at about 3 meters (site gun had low FPS). It lost us the game, all I did was apologize and that was the end of it. Was playing with a great group of guys and Bristol Airsoft is a great venue. Had a ton of fun for my first game :)

My point is as long as there's the sportsmanship every single game will be a joy to play.

I am new to the sport and only played one game so far but I was playing at a CQB site called Bristol Airsoft and its really all point blank shooting. I think the furthest line of fire was 10 meters. I don't see how people can complain about begin shot knowing the possibility of that happening to them at that range

• Supporters

"overkill" ... it happens, someone dosnt see your hand or is aiming for someone behind you .... i get overkilled abit (i am a big target ;) ), dose it annoy me, yeah sometimes .... once the game has ended, all is forgotten as far as i care, as i am sure at some point we all have done it accident or not ;):D

i was having a problem during a game once and put my (bright blue) gun in the air and yelled hit and a guy shot me several times so I yelled that I was out of play as i had lost something.

• Supporters

I agree Sp00n, but that doesn't stop me voicing my displeasure at the time. I suspect that doing so is why i couldn't give a shight afterwards.

• Supporters

I agree Sp00n, but that doesn't stop me voicing my displeasure at the time. I suspect that doing so is why i couldn't give a shight afterwards.

i agree completly, i tend to get "combat tourettes" :lol::lol::lol:

Ah, with the amount of swearing I do Im surprised I havnt been ejected from a site as of yet. getting shot in the bellend or on a really sensitive part (which happens alot) and just yelling k*unt/f*ck/w*nker etc or when my gun plays up i'll say everything but a sensible word.

getting over killed isnt much of an issue to be fair. it stings yeah. I mean alot of people will walk in direct line of fire when walking off field so you have to expect you're going to get shot.

People who think they are not going to stop getting shot while they are out are the same people who think that they wont get an STD in a whorehouse.

• Supporters

I've never actually been shot in the bellend (yet :unsure: ), but I have been shot in the arsehole twice. I mean right in the ring-piece: the 1st time I swore; the 2nd time, a few mins later, it went beyond... I'd have given Brian Blessed (the fat fcuker) a run for his money! I have been told off by marshals for it, but like I say, it's just words - they express how I feel in the moment and then it's out of my mind. If people see that as bitching, well 1) naturally, they can fcuk off, and 2) what kind of namby-pamby and/or pent up lives do they lead where people don't yell and swear?

I don't think I could do anything about it if I tried. I mean, I swear like fcuk wherever I am when something pisses me off. It's the people that bite their lips and/or mutter under their breath that bother me. They're the ones who bitch behind your back, do stupid poxy things to get revenge, and, eventually, they're the ones who go full Raoul Moat...

• Supporters

they're the ones who go full Raoul Moat...

Haha that proper tickled me for some reason.

Only thing that fucks me right off, is when people have the complete drop on you, they have all the time in the world to shoot you (or even just call you out on a surrender rule or something), but they go for your face and pump it with so much plastic you look like Michael Jackson with Chicken Pox.

First game I ever played and some arse regular was stood over me whilst I was in a trench, I had no idea he was there, and he fired 5 shots into my head behind my left ear, from about 5 feet away on full auto.

How about one in the shoulder? Or Back? Somewhere it wouldn't have hurt? There were some monstrously inconsiderate cock ends at that site...

• Supporters

Agreed, if you've got the drop on someone then one shot is enough, a second if they don't take/feel it immediately.

That said, if you're a distance away and shooting through undergrowth one shot often won't do the job, so your target takes the first one they feel but there's probably another 3 or 4 in flight by then!

The other one is people calling hit, but not calling it loud enough. Until I hear hit or see an arm go up I won't stop shooting.

• Supporters

Haha that proper tickled me for some reason.

I try :) MJ with Chicken Pox mind :lol:

Only thing that fucks me right off, is when people have the complete drop on you, they have all the time in the world to shoot you (or even just call you out on a surrender rule or something), but they go for your face and pump it with so much plastic you look like Michael Jackson with Chicken Pox.

First game I ever played and some arse regular was stood over me whilst I was in a trench, I had no idea he was there, and he fired 5 shots into my head behind my left ear, from about 5 feet away on full auto.

Yeah that is a proper arsewanking lack of sportsmanship. I can't imagine that when I was a noob I would have done this, but these days I'm pretty sure I'd spin round and hose him back before calling my hit... as well as calling his and his mother's intelligence and sexual practices into question, of course.

the thing i have noticed at my local site is that the regulars the worst people for all problems. they hate getting taken down by newer guys or people with hire gear.

i shot a bloke 4 times in the back so he turned round and started shooting, i kept hitting him until he hit me and then claimed he had killed me, i promptly told him where to go.

Also watched 3 of the main regulars ( i was stalking them through the trees ) attacking a large group of young kids with their dads, our site rules is that if you are hit you can be dragged into cover and mediced or bleed out and walk like 30m back from the battle and wait for couple of mins before rejoining. they decided if they were hit to walk like 3 metres back chat with their mates and then after 30 seconds rejoin the battle. i was a little bit annoyed so i burst from the bushes and emptied my mag into them all muhwahaha.

Regulars seem to be the worst rules breakers and new guys are more honest.

• Supporters

^^Depends on the site, IMO. The blokes who run my local site are very focussed on keeping their reputation good, in all areas of what they do, not just adherence to the rules in the field. So even if people were inclined to be wankerish, they wouldn't get away with it for long, no matter whom. They don't create a huge ding dong over telling people what's what though, so the atmosphere usually stays friendly even when people do have grievances against each other.

• Supporters

I am a marshal for my site and I think I must get hit more than the players lol and I wear a bright yellow vest but I don't moan and bitch about it. even been shot point blank in the nutz before but just shake it off and get on with the game I say.

When playing my gun never comes out of single shot and if it does go to full auto my wired in mosfet will allow 2 shot burst that's how ive set it up, don't see the point in the spray and pray tactic some people take.

3rd time airsofting stuck with my friend in a walled of area that we are defending as are team is being pushed back to the spawn after about 10 mins of holding the area and my friend running like a mad man back to me every time he dies friend gets hit again I don't think any thing of it I hear a team mate behind me shooting some guy runs by where I am at and I just unload on him (was very surprised) shoots the team mate by jumping up the wall and shooting him from above by putting his arm over the wall with a pistol and starts running back hollering and whooping to say the least I was pissed ran right after him to a place just infront of where I was but couldn't see. Shoot him in the back he still doesnt do anything goes besdies his mate and says something pop my head through the window in the building area shoot him and his mate this time he notices it and takes the hit I was 10/10 mad. Later shoot him after he goes to far past my area and must think a teammate shot him so I was far enough to just put a few more in him turns his head then takes the hit. Seriously think this guy has it in for me now seeing as after all that I shot his friend in the face mask at about 5 meters away on full auto ( thought I was in semi) of course I said sorry cause I am a top fella then later guy with pistol comes round corner and puts two in my balls was the most fun I have ever had.

• Supporters

I've tried a normal martial arts box but i can't get one to fit my enormo... no, actually I haven't been able to find one that fits between my legs well enough that it doesn't chafe far too much to run in.

Archived