knuckle up mofos - my loadout

Black Death

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well, I can only find 3 weights of 8mm bb, they are .27 .34 .48 (I guess there is many more, I just cant seem to find em)

So, they will need to chrono at the following to be legal (under 1j)

.27 @ 280FPS = 0.98J

.34 @ 245FPS = 0.99J

.48 @ 210FPS = 0.98J

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Thought id also throw in the links for the BBs mentioned above.

Click here for .27 BBs

Click here for .34 BBs

Click here for .48 BBs

Edit:.....Again.

Just noticed on the Redwold website for the pistol, they list it as shooting at 250fps. So he should be just fine :D

• Supporters

That and most sites don't allow the use of 8mm bb's

Other than that some smart choices for a first loadout :)

I have seen some sites list the bull at 220 and 250fps for a .28 so should be ok (as long as 8mm allowed on site)

I ha e heard though the 8mm bbs hurt a lot more..... (Brilliant lol)

It depends on what the weight of the BBs were that they tested. one site may of tested with .35, while the other company tested with .45 there isnt really a universal standard test for the 8mm like there is s with 6mm (standard tests for 6mm are .2g bbs)

the 8mm bbs wil fire slower and will hit with the same force, although over a larger area. (2mm larger) so shouldnt be too bad.

• Supporters

He said .28's da_rif...

0.8-odd J

cuts and scrapes? I really do not mean to sound sarcastic or a knob end as such but scrapes I always thought scrapes and cuts were half the fun. I actually chuckled when I read this lololololololol. Dude, Im 32. If I was an anorexic anemic 13 year old I could understand but really...???... lol. (no offence was meant to any anemic anorexic 13 years olds....I swear lol). I told my mrs bout this post and she said the trees and walls would be better off wearing the pads to protect them from me lol. Yes im not as solid as a brick wall, but No, Im sure no one has ever had an arm fall off whilst enjoying airsoft (otherwise it would be called airhard lol)

Used cuts and scraps quite generally there. Although, I did have in mind my local CQB site which is a crumbling derelict compound with rebar sticking out of places lol. There have been some accidents people have had playing airsoft, broken ankles and wrists for example; it's better safe than sorry in my opinion, if you enjoy a game great, if you prevent any unneccesary damage to your joints in such a high impact game, even better.

I take your point on board fella

Still gonna play without pads. If or even when I get injured you can be the first to laugh at my stupidity lol.

• Supporters

A good thing about knee pads is that they allow you to kneel behind low cover and take aim straight away on surfaces that would make you shuffle for comfort - like loose BB's on a concrete floor for eg - absolutely knacker if you kneel on 'em. They also keep your trousers out of shallow puddles, which are often stagnant, stinking, primordial ooze which you wouldn't want introduced into even minor scrapes... the same is also true of elbow pads when it comes to taking cover prone behind very low cover.

I have knee pads built into my trousers (crye style) because otherwise I'm sure they'd shred to peices in know time otherwise. Elbows I'm not as concerned about but if I have to learn the hard way I will lol

• Supporters

You could always pick up a black 'crye' top, long sleeves for winter ;)

• Supporters

Plus the added bonus of built in pads again

In regards to the pistol, I have a 10 inch revolver which quite easily fits into one of the normal adjustable drop leg holsters (Viper/Pantac), however, I am currently in the process of building an M4 pistol (got fed up with the inconsistency of gas) and am planning on getting this guy "http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?148416-Kydex-holster-making&highlight=kydex" (rubi-tong) to make me a holster, and I think if you based it on a blackhawk drop leg platform it would work very well with your load-out.

With face protection, I think you could pull this off "http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Skull-Jaw-Bone-Bandana-Head-Wrap-Face-Mask-Biker-Scarf-Uk-Seller-/380661162383?pt=UK_Helmets_Headwear_Balaclavas_Masks_Tubes&hash=item58a12c618f" without looking a t***, if you know anybody with fabric experience I would also consider attempting to dye it to your skin tone (while keeping the decal) to add a bit more effect (terror lol).

and can I highly recommend something to cover your abdomen and back, not for protection from BB's, but from the environment. Back when I used PLCE and DPM shirt, I did a belly slide over seriously wet mud, but a sharp rock ripped open the shirt and gouged my chest and belly really badly. Something like this "http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-l1m1qQeQ7qg/ThLdaQcM13I/AAAAAAAAAH8/FziG3hAQpxk/s1600/bulletproof.jpg" wouldn't spoil your effect.

In regards to the pistol, I have a 10 inch revolver which quite easily fits into one of the normal adjustable drop leg holsters (Viper/Pantac), however, I am currently in the process of building an M4 pistol (got fed up with the inconsistency of gas) and am planning on getting this guy "http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?148416-Kydex-holster-making&highlight=kydex" (rubi-tong) to make me a holster, and I think if you based it on a blackhawk drop leg platform it would work very well with your load-out.

With face protection, I think you could pull this off "http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Skull-Jaw-Bone-Bandana-Head-Wrap-Face-Mask-Biker-Scarf-Uk-Seller-/380661162383?pt=UK_Helmets_Headwear_Balaclavas_Masks_Tubes&hash=item58a12c618f" without looking a t***, if you know anybody with fabric experience I would also consider attempting to dye it to your skin tone (while keeping the decal) to add a bit more effect (terror lol).

and can I highly recommend something to cover your abdomen and back, not for protection from BB's, but from the environment. Back when I used PLCE and DPM shirt, I did a belly slide over seriously wet mud, but a sharp rock ripped open the shirt and gouged my chest and belly really badly. Something like this "http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-l1m1qQeQ7qg/ThLdaQcM13I/AAAAAAAAAH8/FziG3hAQpxk/s1600/bulletproof.jpg" wouldn't spoil your effect.

Some quality ideas in there mate. Solid contribution. Your the sort of bloke I like that has good ideas but I then claim I thought of it myself and take the credit whilst the real genius stands by lol. That blue Peter holster link was brilliant! That chap has got real skills. A full length raging bull holster in that style would be perfect for me as the other ones I have looked at seem very boring even if they are indeed effective. Is that guy in this forum as well as I would like to contact him

Also that skull half face mask would be a nice quick fix for me for now. Wish you would have said it earlier so I could have ordered it in time for Sundays skirmish. This is not acceptable pal. Next time I need your good idea at least 2 weeks before I need it so fix up lololol

Did like the vest link you showed but my problem as mentioned before is massive overheating! Day to day I'm ok but once I'm involved in strenuous activities I overheat to the point I could actually collapse. If it were up to me I'd airsoft bare chest a la predator style but I'm pretty sure I would just look like I was at a gay rave up (not that there's anything wrong with a gay rave party... I don't mind gays but I hate raves gay or straight lololololollll). The only way I'm going to stay cool is with a dry fit top or mesh tee maybe.

Cheers again bro... Awill be looking out for your next good idea (to steal lol) as you very much understand the load out concept I am trying to achieve

• Supporters

Geoff is defo a mine of good sense, but I have serious doubts about the ability of a bandana to prevent teeth being knocked out.

The problem is not like a fist in the chops, where the force of the blow follows through, pushing against the teeth so they snap, it's a sudden impact in which the energy is transferred instantaneously which shatters the tooth. The only thing a bandana does is offer it's miniscule thickness of polycotton as cushioning - unless, of course, you have it stretched so tightly across your mouth that it acts like a trampoline: 1) V difficult to get it to stay like in play, and 2) V uncomfortable.

You've also got to consider how warm you get with a layer of cloth round your face and neck. You can get neoprene masks similar to that bandana that are fitted and thus do protect teeth, but again they get really hot and sweaty.

If you like the skull effect then I'd suggest getting a mesh mask with that decal printed on it. They exist - mesh masks do not heat you up...

Some quality ideas in there mate. Solid contribution. Your the sort of bloke I like that has good ideas but I then claim I thought of it myself and take the credit whilst the real genius stands by lol. That blue Peter holster link was brilliant! That chap has got real skills. A full length raging bull holster in that style would be perfect for me as the other ones I have looked at seem very boring even if they are indeed effective. Is that guy in this forum as well as I would like to contact him

Also that skull half face mask would be a nice quick fix for me for now. Wish you would have said it earlier so I could have ordered it in time for Sundays skirmish. This is not acceptable pal. Next time I need your good idea at least 2 weeks before I need it so fix up lololol

Did like the vest link you showed but my problem as mentioned before is massive overheating! Day to day I'm ok but once I'm involved in strenuous activities I overheat to the point I could actually collapse. If it were up to me I'd airsoft bare chest a la predator style but I'm pretty sure I would just look like I was at a gay rave up (not that there's anything wrong with a gay rave party... I don't mind gays but I hate raves gay or straight lololololollll). The only way I'm going to stay cool is with a dry fit top or mesh tee maybe.

Cheers again bro... Awill be looking out for your next good idea (to steal lol) as you very much understand the load out concept I am trying to achieve

No worries mate, I do try to help. A full length Raging Bull kydex holster (giddigy) would look epic. I don't think that style of body armour would cause any overheating at all due to the design being just to cover vital organs (bit bigger than an A4 size), and I do get your wanting to go badass, but I've told you my experience, If we ever meet at a skirmish I'll give you an iron man game lol (no shirts, and full auto rifles in kill houses). I do have a bit of an advantage in terms of body temp as having lived in both Pakistan and Siberia my average body temperature is 34 degrees, with my record being 28 on a very cold morning.

I cannot comment on how much protection a balaclava would provide, but it is better that nothing and it should reduce the power just enough to prevent tooth loss, I personally use a face wrap.

It's rather ironic that your're going for a super criminal (type)

tcor-riddick-crematoria-prison-shackled.

While I'm going for a super cop

7f78a10c6f_1131_1.jpg

Imagine the show down :D

In that case I might have to buy a revolver too and go for a renagade lawman :D Best of both worlds.

wyatt-earp-original.jpg

• Supporters

This'll be me...

500px-WFRR025.jpg

• Supporters

Fcuk off you cheeky cnut!

As it goes that reminds me of somebody with whom i ended up having an argument recently :lol:

• Supporters

Do you know whom I'm on about, Ed?

No James, the argument was because he was mingled in with dead men walking and used them as cover to approach - we challenged them from behind cover and they agreed they were dead - he then waddled over while we were discussing next moves and opened fire at close range.

I swore. Vociferously.

Later we victims and he discussed it. We made it quite plain that what he had done was not exactly breaking the rules but twisting them...ok so far?

So a while later I opened a thread in which i didn't mention him or the incident in any way which could be traced back to him, and referencing other incidents also - basically calling for a clarification of no hiding behind dead men to be added to the morning briefing.

This fat cnut then jumped in all indignant accusing me of whinging. Well, I decided not to take the bait but rather take his version of events (lies) apart and demonstrate through logic how his version was extremely unlikely. He got the thread closed by whining and ever increasing use of stronger language. The cock.

Fcuk him. Next time i see the fat fcuk on a skirmish field we'll see who's a whining bitch :lol:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.