Anybody else had this? Health question

-Marksman
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I noticed a lump at the back of my mouth next to my back tooth a while ago, its painless when left alone but when prodded with my finger it starts to get a bit sore, it feels about 1cm big.

It is the same color as the rest of my mouth so I don't know what it is, it seems to have got bigger since it first came up.

Two days ago I noticed another lump on the other side of my mouth in exactly the same place, this is a smaller one & is barely noticeable at the moment.

Im starting to get paranoid that it is something really bad, I have a dentist appointment next monday but I just wondered if anybody could help here first.

I have smoked for about 2 or 3 years & im worried it may be some type of cancer :unsure:

Im only 15 so cancer now would be a bummer <_<

Got a dentist appointment next monday so hopefully will find out some more then.

Anybody else had/have one of these?

Smoking at age 15... Technically 13... Oh dear dear me... You kids are getting scarier from day to day :|

To be honest... Asking health question on the internet is most likely going to give you cancer faster because none of us are medicine graduates lol

Go to GP/Dentist whoever simple :P

Smoking at age 15... Technically 13... Oh dear dear me... You kids are getting scarier from day to day :|

To be honest... Asking health question on the internet is most likely going to give you cancer faster because none of us are medicine graduates lol

Go to GP/Dentist whoever simple :P

and give up smoking, seriously it's expensive and makes you smell like shit.

As above.

Check with dentist.

Give up smoking.

Spend the money on airsoft.

Sorted.

And you wont smell like death.

I agree the smell is horrible, that one thing i never liked about it. I like the smell of the smoke while its burning, but the lingering smell on clothes is horrible.

I have been gradually quitting so hopefully I will.

Another annoying thing is that my mum is not showing any support, im seriously worried & she just seems to not care <_<

As you're 15 it might be wisdom teeth. Are the lumps parallel to your back molars?

/dentistry expert Tac :D

yeah they are, its like almost right at the back & side my side

Possibly. It's supposed to happen around 15-16 but I haven't had them come through yet.

Oh yeah, and on the smoking; it's a real no-no if you want to go out with girls who don't hang around on street corners

• Supporters

It'll be teeth coming through, 100% guarantee it.

I had braces from about 13 to 16 as my teeth were a mess, had to have 4 teeth removed to make space for the braces to straighten the rest out.

When my wisdom teeth started coming up, the were way back in my mouth with a load of space between them and my back molars, so they started growing up angled forwards, but angled too steep so now there's no space for them again, they're only partially showing, and they're leaning towards my front teeth at 45° with the sides covered by barely a quarter of a mm of gum tissue.

Prodding it hurts like a bitch and has done for years.

So yeah TL;DR - Tooth under gum, growing out. Simples.

It'll be teeth coming through, 100% guarantee it.

I had braces from about 13 to 16 as my teeth were a mess, had to have 4 teeth removed to make space for the braces to straighten the rest out.

When my wisdom teeth started coming up, the were way back in my mouth with a load of space between them and my back molars, so they started growing up angled forwards, but angled too steep so now there's no space for them again, they're only partially showing, and they're leaning towards my front teeth at 45° with the sides covered by barely a quarter of a mm of gum tissue.

Prodding it hurts like a bitch and has done for years.

So yeah TL;DR - Tooth under gum, growing out. Simples.

Thanks, this fills me with a bit of hope, can they grow out at a angle, like pointing away from the other teeth & gum line? They seem to be pointing in.

The main reason am worried it is cancer is because I read they most oral cancer is slow growing & once you do something about it its too late, fingers crossed that the dentist will write that off.

• Supporters

Yeah, they can grow out in whichever direction's easiest for them to push through your gum.

If it's cancer I'll shit a brick in amazement.

Yeah, they can grow out in whichever direction's easiest for them to push through your gum.

If it's cancer I'll shit a brick in amazement.

I'll hold you to that ;)

They take ages to develop. But yes, they will start to hurt eventually :D

DW, at least you dont have TMJ.

Whenever it plays up im pretty much incapacitated for the day due to huge migraines.

Only cure is a jaw operation, or drugs that are not legal in the UK. YAY

Archived