Molle or Chest Rig

AaronBull
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Which do you guys prefer? I have a viper molle set up, just sits perfect around my waist, four mag pouches, a bits pouch and a large pouch on the bag, i use a dump pouch for my empty mags and a holster around my thigh for my pistol.

I have a molle belt and left side drop leg molle base. I don't carry much so no real need for a rig. Plus I don't like weight up top if possible. I don't know why but the same weight placed round my waists and thighs feels lighter then when on my chest. Plus I overheat too easily when wearing a vest/rig

ive changed over the years.

Started with a Viper assault vest. because it was cheap and had what i needed

Then moved onto a warrior plate carrier because all the molle and it looked cool. but got pissed on not feeling hits and it just bee too bulky.

Now its just a chest rig ghetto mounted to a hydration pack. I like the light weight and freedom to move. although I no longer use a dump pouch as I always end up dropping my mags any way very bad habbit I might add. thank god for the £40 multi packs.

You are aware MOLLE and Chest rig are not two directly comparable things?

MOLLE or PALS is a type of attachment system for rigs be they belts, chest rigs or plate carriers, like ALICE and PLCE

while a chest rig is a type of load bearing rig which can be MOLLE or not

I started off with a Condor Crossdraw assault vest I bought for £10 off a mate. that was quite restricting and there was no front-mounte MOLLE on it.

So now I keep a MOLLE micro-size chest rig and a holster on a belt. It's all very lightweight so I can continue in my attack-objectives-as-fast-as-I-can playstyle.

Archived