zombie apocalypse.....would your gun do the job!?

Pointman PUG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

but if were taking this seriously (to a point) then thier flesh would be mostly rotten.. surley metal bbs at 450+ would penetrate?

no, a metal BB (even one that weighs 2g) at 450fps is a seriously small amount of energy, you'd be lucky to injure a person seriously with it let alone penetrate a skull and several inches of brain matter.

Eh. I think it'll depend on how good your grouping is. Many shots in the eye socket may eventually do some pretty bad damage to the Zed's.

but if were taking this seriously (to a point) then thier flesh would be mostly rotten.. surley metal bbs at 450+ would penetrate?

but were not stupid enough to just run around with airsoft weapons.. when you can get crossbows and such.

Crossbows can come fairly cheap aswell. A crossbow with 140lb draw weight goes for around £120 IIRC, and bolts are reasonably priced last I checked. Not too hard to shoot a crossbow either, best bet for people who haven't practiced archery before, maybe even best bet for people that have due to convenience (smaller ammo, easier to to fire, less arm fatigue).

the thing with sticks etc, if you get it wrong they got ya. but with the ranged weapons, a la cross bow you can have a few attempts to take em out befor you can then try to use the stick/run/ wack em over the side of the head with the bow youve now became fed up with. so both together sound like a better idea than one or the other(least til one slows you down too much and you use it to block a doorway somehow...

Crossbows look cool.. But there's a reason they got superceded. If you have time to get a few shots off, you have time to leg it.

What I would really do is go to my cabinet, reach for my airsoft gun, take it out.... Then put it aside and reach for what was behind it. Then find somewhere in the countryside to hide!

yea just gonna have to wait til it happens to decide which plan is the best(depending on which style the zombies are. least our country has a lot lower population than the mainland:P

In the event of zombie Britain I'd run straight to a local museum (like this one at Norwich) and suit myself up with this (and the sword). Oh yer, zombiefest

Canned food for zombies right there mate!

Tried plate armour on at a history fair - was really dehydrated after 5 mins (it was a warm day mind). I couldn't imagine how bad a state someone unused to moving in it would be when fighting in plate armour. You're better off with a gambeson as protection if you raid a museum for armour.

As for the sword it will probably need sharpening. You'd be better off sticking to modern things like a sledgehammer/machete/woodcutters axe which can be found more readily (I have two of these in my shed alone) and won't need the maintenance a sword would from the off.

Personally I'd board up my house (easily achieved) and then wait for the majority of people to flee town (hopefully drawing away the majority of zombies since they'd "follow the food") and then go scavenging in the local area. Fair amount of rabbits/fishing spots locally but that's a secondary option since I'm naff at fishing/trapping.

haha but in plate armour you would be a walking tank and as for the sword, designed to lob arms and legs off :)

Liking the idea about having my town to myself though hahahaha

haha but in plate armour you would be a walking tank and as for the sword, designed to lob arms and legs off :)

Liking the idea about having my town to myself though hahahaha

A tank till you can't move because it's damn heavy haha. The zombies wouldn't kill you but dehydration would - especially if they cornered you :D

• Supporters

Whether it was pulling you limb from limb, or just crushing you under their demented ravening weight, they'd have you in plate armour pretty quick I reckon. I've tried a curass and greaves on and, even without the proper double layer of padding underneath, it was bloody heavy to march around in carrying a wooden sword. There's a reason medieval soldiers spent a lot of time training in their armour: you need to be proper cardio fit.

Trust me if you haven't experienced it, there's a big difference between gymn fit and carrying a load of weight for fucking miles and still being able to jump around at the end of it. Part of it is training your metabolism to work at higher efficiency to make energy available to you for extended periods. Instead of the usual thing our bodies do of sequestering carbs for production of fat, the in between stage, glycogen, becomes more important - it is easier for the body to convert it back into sugars than to break down fat, but to do this a lot demands a great deal from the liver and can also lead to blood chemistry and urinary problems - basically it's like an engine: if there's anything at all wrong with it, running it hot up and down motorways will cause it to break down faster than pootling around town...

The average fitness of people i see at airsoft, i'd give them about 15s explosive energy with a two handed melee weapon of some kind and if that hadn't bought them a clear route to run away they'd be fucked, because it would be all downhill from there...

from my single day as a lannisterguard in got, wearing lightish leather ish armour... wouldnt be my fist choice... also if a zombie rushes you and knocks you over and they pile on top... itll be like the death of the last opponent in hunger games (least the book version...)

from my single day as a lannisterguard in got, wearing lightish leather ish armour... wouldnt be my fist choice... also if a zombie rushes you and knocks you over and they pile on top... itll be like the death of the last opponent in hunger games (least the book version...)

Off topic thumbs up to you mate for being in Game of Thrones, very jealous haha :D

the first time was fro the craic the second time was for the money and really wasnt worth it. i have much respect for those northern scenes now as the day we were filiming marching in formation in mud and wind and rain in clothes designed to look the part but really arnt... pure torture. the lannisters have it easy i say...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.