WGC Shop [www.wgcshop.com]

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Not found a topic on WGC Shop yet, and I have a few questions about ordering from them.

Been tempted to get a G&P M14 DMR for a while now, and the only place I can find the one and the colour I want in stock is WGC Shop.

I've read that they remove the trademarks from guns before shipping them, but you can tell them to put either tape or putty over the trademarks to hide them.

Anyone know if this is the case? And will customs actually stop the gun if it has the trademarks uncovered/unremoved?

Thanks.

My silencer came with a sticker over the top of it and came through fine.

WGC should do it if you ask, as you'll notice they can do a few other "things" when you check out.

• Supporters

Okay, I was wondering if it would be different for guns. From another forum, someone asked whether putty or tape is easier to remove, and the reply they got was "tape is easier for you to remove, but then it's also easier for customs to remove", so just a little worried that they might remove it. What happens if they do, and it has trademarks on it?

Slightly off topic, but about their checkout options, that brings about another problem, my UKARA expired a little while ago.

I went to a skirmish a couple days before it did, and I've been twice since it expired (I forgot to ask them to renew it, and I've only just realised how long ago it actually expired).

Know if I'll have to do the games again, or if they'll be able to re-add me to the database, I booked the games by email, and they were all at the site that I originally got UKARA at (FFZ/UA/Fire Support), so they should have them on record?

• Supporters

If your site have a record of the games on file, they should be able to put it through for you.

I've never had a problem importing trademarked guns, customs or no-customs. The airsoft market isn't big enough business for them to bother over trademarking licenses really (just my opinion, don't bank on it).

If they do take offense, they should in theory just send it back and send you a snotty letter, though they could also probably legally destroy it.

As for WGC, best foreign site I've ever ordered from for ever possible reason.

• Supporters

Okay thank you, I'll email them now and see what they say, hopefully I don't have to do the three games in over two months again, otherwise it'll be at least September before I can buy another gun.

That's good to know, if I get re-added to the UKARA database, I'll most likely be getting a new gun, once I get paid and have sorted out a good upgrade list.

EDIT: emailed them, just gotta fill out a renew form next time I go, which is next weekend. Time to start looking at what upgrades an M14 requires to survive 500 FPS.

• Supporters

Another thing just occurred to me, regarding legal FPS limits.

The G&P M14 comes firing at 380-400 FPS (from WGC Shop) with a 0.20g BB, giving an energy output of 1.34J to 1.49J.

Would this cause a problem at customs, considering it is capable of full auto fire?

Archived