I'm new to airsoft, needing some help on a first gun

JRJG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, I'm new to airsoft and these forums.

I live in Northern Ireland and I'm looking for a good two tone AEG, it needs to be under 328 fps so that i can use it at the sites here. I like kwa looks and the fact they have an S-system M4 but their fps are too high, does any one know an easy way to lower the fps or other makes that sell s-systems?

I've heard Tokyo Marui are a good make but can anyone tell me any other good makes or any good dealers i can buy them off? Price isnt really a big problem I'd rather get a good AEG that'll last a long time than a cheap one that'll need constant upgrades. I don't really mind what kind of a gun it is but my favourite would be an m4 or g36c.

Thanks in advance for the help. ^_^

Jamie G

Welcome

Yes TM are a good make and Classic Army are also good (not the sportline (i think tht its called) versions as there the cheaper versions and are not as reliable. Dont get me wrong they can still hold there own but for not as long

If your looking for a S-System JG also make one but again there more of the cheap as chips brand but i have had one for a year now and except the mad range of FPS i have (From around 345 - 420fps range haha) its been alright

As for FPS changing its all down to the strength of spring as like is the thing that changed the FPS (a weak one might put out 320 but a stronger one might put out 500 depending on the strength) Clones (like JG) have a nasty habit of not putting out what it says on the box (FPS wise)

Hope this answers your Qs

Thanks

Jack

thanks Jack. Yeah it does help, what do you think the best websites are to buy off, i've been on action hobbies but the only ones that get good reviews and are under the 328 fps are things like the G&G GR16 with blowback, seems like a good gun but im not to sure. the website has to sell two tones though and also, any particular models i could look at?

Thanks again,

Jamie

• Supporters

If I were you, I would go TM. anything really.

M4's are popular, lots can be done to them.

again, G36's are popular and I love them.

wolf armouries do LOADS of guns and will also spray any of them for a small fee, same with firesupport.

but yeah, a Mauri will not need downgrading, they are basically perfect for the irish market, due to your (ridiculously) low FPS limits.

Well Action Hobbies are prob the best place to buy TTs in my opinion

What you could do is buy any TT dont matter the FPS and buy a weaker spring with it and get someone to fit it

If you know no one that knows how to change a spring i am sure you local airsoft shop could do it or you can send it to Land Airsoft Warriour i think they do mods etc for a price

might sound kind of nooby but what do you mean by TT and yeah that might be a good idea but i've heard the stories of people not getting the guns through customs if theyre over 340 i think and yeah, i know its a ridiculously low fps maximum lol. thanks guys :)

ok, thanks so you think that would be a better idea than tring to find a different TT on another website and also, if you know have you got any idea what size of a spring i would need to get it down to around 320 fps and also, you might not have but have you ever heard things about the rifles not being allowed through customs into northern ireland if you know what i mean. thanks :)

well I'm on the action hobbies website and they sell the springs, but they also fit them to your gun before shipping them to you. i have the choice of a 330 or a 300, i think I'll get the 300, would that hold up okay or would it be easier to just get another gun at around 320 fps?

thanks for all your help guys :)

Archived