Bolle X1000 - Do They Mist Up ?

Baz JJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking at getting some decent goggles but notice that a lot of people talk about misting being a problem.

Are there any models of goggle on the market that have the correct ventilation to prevent this?

• Supporters

Basically any goggles with lenses will fog up if you sweat enough. You need to be aware that most gucci eyepro is not made specifically for airsoft. They may well protect your eyes from the front exceptionally well, but if they have space for ventilation around the lenses, that is space a BB could hit you through.

The only ones which don't fog are those with a fan in them to actively suck the moist air out. Also the way that the S10 respirator is designed means that as you breath in the air circulates around inside the mask so that the fresh air passes across the lenses. Be aware however that the standard lenses the eyeholes come with do not protect against BB hits properly; you have to get ballistic lenses to replace them - there's a bloke on fleabay does them...

• Supporters

I've used a pair of ESS crossbows for the last 2.5 years, never had an issue with fogging (I don't use lower face protection, not sure how that would effect it) and never had anything enter from any direction.

Good side coverage, very comfy and damn clear lenses, no distortion at all in what you see normally vs wearing the glasses. Sometimes have to try and poke myself in the eye to check I'm still wearing them.

An expensive pair of glasses like BOLLE or ESS' higher end models really need to be tried on before buying, nothing worse than finding out they don't fit your face after forking out loadsa moolah (Smith optics Boogie Regulartors, for example just don't fit me, for others they fit like a glove).

Fogging i find is only an issue when you have something on your lower face to blow hot air upwards. I used to run with a scarf around my face but it fogged up glasses and goggles alike to moved it down to my neck only and never fogged again.

• 1 month later...

Archived