The end of Airsoft?

Alex_1210
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Home office to ban ownership of all IF's, RIF's, Airsoft Guns, Cap Guns and even Water Pistols, as they look too realistic.

(Except Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).

Also banning the sale and ownership of Military and Service uniforms and equipment except for serving Military Personnel.

As part of a massive anti-terrorist campaign (The reason it was kept quiet up till now).

Going through Parliment as a private members bill that started in January by a Labour back-bencher as an add on to existing legistation.

Apparently as it had already had its second reading the bill had to go forward even with the new government.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/legislation/about_legislation

Latest proposals is getting a third reading in parliment under closed doors and is expected to be passed into law by default this week.

• Supporters

taken from the link:

Last Updated: 24/12/2007

umm little late maybe?

i bloody hope so anyway

YES i knew there was a decent reson to move on to this god for saken rock!! :D

But i agree with Nuster its a bit out of date and even if it wasnt this is what the UKARA etc are here for you know? :)

Home office to ban ownership of all IF's, RIF's, Airsoft Guns, Cap Guns and even Water Pistols, as they look too realistic.

(Except Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).

Also banning the sale and ownership of Military and Service uniforms and equipment except for serving Military Personnel.

As part of a massive anti-terrorist campaign (The reason it was kept quiet up till now).

Going through Parliment as a private members bill that started in January by a Labour back-bencher as an add on to existing legistation.

Apparently as it had already had its second reading the bill had to go forward even with the new government.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/legislation/about_legislation

Latest proposals is getting a third reading in parliment under closed doors and is expected to be passed into law by default this week.

Yeah I heard that last week. I think you have the wrong link. Come on if you are going top post something this important at least get it right.... :lol:

I might stock up on spud guns...... :lol:

Yeah I heard that last week. I think you have the wrong link. Come on if you are going top post something this important at least get it right.... :lol:

I might stock up on spud guns...... :lol:

No that is right. Third reading today. Destined to become law in August following the recient incidents.

I havent got the correct link.. Guess they dont want people to find out.

Looks like they already have plans to close the skirmishing sites but Paint-ball is unaffected for some reason.

I hear they are asking dealers to provide buyers information.

I will try to find the link but I think it has been closed.

Really?

I haven't seen or heard anything about this until now. All my usual sources have nothing, and none of the other forums I've visited have mentioned it either.

"with the economy in its current state, stopping the sale of surplus and airsoft equiptment would be a big no no."

- When has that ever stopped a government or group from doing something similar in the past?

*Non airsoft related

Edit - I do remember that a few months back, a member of the SNP was trying to get this through the Scottish Parliament. However, that would have only affected Scotland. I'm not sure how far its got, but I do know that Airsoft world and a few others have formed a coalition to fight the SNP MP and any other anti-airsofters in Scotland

wow this country really is stupid. Seriously banning plastic guns just because they LOOK real yet will do no damage? I think the problem here is real guns that CAN kill not plastic toys which is effectively a sport. There arent exactly huge cases of people using airsoft guns to rob people, the problem is guns being used to kill like recent incidents. Take away shotguns etc not plastic guns. Makes me want to move to another country. They're willing to close down effectively hundreds of businesses and people losing their jobs over this. Not just would all airsoft stores have to close but all skirmish sites? Just wow take away our sport and our hobby for no reason other that obsessive health and safety crap this country is obsessed with. I was going to be starting skirmishing in a few months but if this bs is true then there goes everything. Isnt that what the VCRA act and UKARA are there for? Not just anyone can buy a RIF

the argument is about them being 'too realistic', 2 tone guns seriously? Since when is a bright orange gun even slightly realistic? One look at it and its a piece of plastic, not a realistic firearm. If i shape a banana to look like a gun will that be a realistic looking gun too? :rolleyes: I can only hope this is not true. Im mainly a collector than a skirmisher as of now but even so it would mean i couldnt get the RE guns that i want for my collection. This government really is crazy if this is true

• Supporters

the problem is its not the current government (tory/lindem coalition) it is a labour back bencher pushing it.

as such, I have contacted my local mp (labour - Barry sheerman) and asked about it. as yet, I am still waiting for a response - more news from me when I get it.

the problem is its not the current government (tory/lindem coalition) it is a labour back bencher pushing it.

as such, I have contacted my local mp (labour - Barry sheerman) and asked about it. as yet, I am still waiting for a response - more news from me when I get it.

What? just when I am starting someone wants to stop the action.

Why can't they just go away and do something else?

I thought we'd just got rid of them. :angry:

Meddling politicians are like terminators -

Just when you think you've finally finished it off, they reapear, stronger and in larger numbers...

although the intelligence is remains the same, similar to a potted plant...

Has anyone else heard anything about this? I asked on another forum and was laughed at for "out of date info"

Archived