How long will my battery last?

david0512
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I've just got a new AEG and it came with an 1150mah 7.4v battery. I'm probably going to get a new on anyway, but how long would the original battery last and what would you recommend I get instead? BTW, my gun has metal internals but I'm not sure they'd stand up to an 11.1v lipo or anything like that.

• Supporters

There is too many factors to consider how long any battery will last motor power consumption, resistance, weather conditions, auto/semi usage etc etc

As a rough guide though, with "reasonable" use it should if you auto a lot it might not.

No idea what Spoon is trying to say in his answer. :S

Ok when looking at batteries there are two parts to notice the "xxx"mAH and the xx.xV

The mAH will equal to how long the battery will holds it charge under normal conditions. While the V for this purpose will control how fast your rate of fire will be. So a 7.2v battery will have a rather slow ROF under fully auto than a 9.6v battery will.

You also have two types of battery that are common in airsoft. Lipo and NiMh(There are other types, but these two I think are most common). For most cases which one you chose is personal preference. But I always go for NiMh batteries because they are less of a hassle than Lipos (whole other story)

Now the main issue with batteries is that they perform worse in cold weather than in warm. so Its always a good idea to have a spare just in case any way. But to your original question, If you play stingily, you can make that one battery last a whole day. But if you like to go full rate of fire non stop with high caps. Than you may want to have a few spare to hand.

(Although I always keep about 3-4 batteries in the car in case some one needs a spare.)

Any way, Hope this helps.

I tend to rate batteries in the number of hicaps it will fire. I would rate a 1150mah as about 4 1/2 m4 hicaps worth of fire or 4 Ak hicaps worth :) If you use single shot you can use about 3/4 of that number.

• Supporters

For a full day of skirmish I find that 2 x 8.4v 1600mah NiMh batteries are fine - just change over at the lunch break.

The batteries supplied with most aegs are not great quality and 7.4v 1150nmh sounds rather low unless it is a lipo.

Have a look at the component store - their prices are usually very good and they carry a wide range so you should easily find ones that will fit your gun.

if your gun is wired to female tamia ( small ) which i am guessing it is due to the small MAH i would recomend getting a few 7.4v 2400 mah lipo's or if you dont want to pay for a charger to get the lipo's get a few 8.4v 1500 mah nimh batterys!

I'm gonna pick up a couple of 1600 NiMH batteries which should be fine because I don't tend to fire more than 2500 bbs in a full day's skirmishing. Cheers for the advice.

Archived