anyone recommend a sniper rifle

chaffinch
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

If you are new to airsoft (and don't have a wepon yet), please don't get a sniper rifle, get an aeg instead, sniper rifles to make them effective have to have a lot of ££ spent on them, where as an aeg is good straight out of the box.

Go to a skirmish, rent a gun and have fun ;)

• Supporters

I have been to three skirmishs now and now hooked. I have a dytac invader but looking for a sniper a second rifle

Cheers colin

Arrr I see, I mistook your post for a complete newbie post, my apologies.

As for a sniper TM are very good, but it all depends on what style of rifle you want, such as VSR or L96 etc etc or even a SR25.

First of all consider your budget, then the style of rifle you want, then electric/spring/gas, then check upgrades are available most/all snipers need an upgrade or 2. Go and have a look/try of one ;)

I thought i should post this here instead of a new thread, im looking into getting a gas sniper but i know nothing about em, so what will i have to do upgrade wise (if any)?

First off, if you're under 18, don't bother, a two tone sniper rifle will be pointless

If you're not: definitely a marui vsr but be prepared to b,ow a lot of money on upgrades..

Following what the other guys have mentioned in this thread, if you're getting into sniping and want a decent rifle with a solid bed for upgrading (which is a MUST for an effective sniper's rifle) then go with the VSR G-spec (Fire Support have just had a shipment in the other day so be quick!) and then buy a nice scope, some extra mags and if its your thing, a bipod.

Then, you'll need to start thinking about upgrades. First off, FPS isn't everything! Get a TBB, new hop, new METAL sears, new trigger group and then once you have done that, you can decide whether you want a stronger spring or not.

Bear in mind though, if you keep the VSR with stock FPS but upgrade everything else in it you might now have an Engagement Distance. This can be a big advantage as you will have upgraded your rifle to be highly accurate but also shoot at the same velocity as AEG's, thus meaning you could play a little more aggressive with it.

One more thing about sniping. Buy a good quality, reliable side arm. WE pistols should fit the bill.

Following what the other guys have mentioned in this thread, if you're getting into sniping and want a decent rifle with a solid bed for upgrading (which is a MUST for an effective sniper's rifle) then go with the VSR G-spec (Fire Support have just had a shipment in the other day so be quick!) and then buy a nice scope, some extra mags and if its your thing, a bipod.

Then, you'll need to start thinking about upgrades. First off, FPS isn't everything! Get a TBB, new hop, new METAL sears, new trigger group and then once you have done that, you can decide whether you want a stronger spring or not.

Bear in mind though, if you keep the VSR with stock FPS but upgrade everything else in it you might now have an Engagement Distance. This can be a big advantage as you will have upgraded your rifle to be highly accurate but also shoot at the same velocity as AEG's, thus meaning you could play a little more aggressive with it.

One more thing about sniping. Buy a good quality, reliable side arm. WE pistols should fit the bill.

WE and reliable are two words ive never seen mentioned together. pistolwise anyway. :P

WE and reliable are two words ive never seen mentioned together. :P

Plenty people at my local have WE side arms and I've never heard complaints, but hey, we all have opinions :)

• Supporters

WE and reliable are two words ive never seen mentioned together. pistolwise anyway. :P

i have not had an issue with mine yet, and the main reasons for issues (from what i have heard), is lack of maintainence/crappy bb's/low temps/modifications etc

The new style ones are far better than the older cheese.

Archived