Which SR25?

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

As above, I know there's the A&K, CA, G&P, G&G and the Ares M110, are there any others? What do people reckon is the best and why?

Also, which ones use which combination of gearbox and hop? I know some have extended gearboxes and some have extended hop units. Surely this has an effect on which mags it'll take, as the feed tube will be in a different place?

I want mine to take 7.62 Pmags, which I'm guessing will restrict me on which make/model I can get.

I want to turn it into an L129A1, except obviously I'll have to skimp out on the monolithic rail and the 6x ACOG =[

Would personally suggest A&K as I've seen a healthy amount of upgraded ones on various forums.

They're also fairly cheap (around £190ish on Tiger111HK), and I believe are full size. Also, they have a full metal body unlike G&G.

The A&K (Definitely) and CA (I'm sure) use elongated V2 with standard Hop so can take normal AEG barrel's and have a surplus of spare Gearbox parts as they have been around for a while.

As for PMags, the A&K can definitely take them.

The monolithic should be easy enough to make yourself; just buy a fairly cheap front RIS for a M4 and machine a little away then weld it too the Delta Ring on the SR25 so it connects the upper and RIS together.

Hope this helps, Ed. I'm also getting a SR25 in the near future so I've been doing a little research myself.

• Supporters

G&P make a MagPul SR25, which comes with PMags so it definitely takes them. Only thing is, it comes with the ugly stock, a scope which you wouldn't need (if you're going for the ACOG look), and it's rather expensive, costing £630; http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/G-P-SR-25-Sniper--Magpul-PTS---Limited-Edition--GP-AEG041-GP_AEG041.html#.UZlYUrW-2uI

For the RIS, the closest you'll get to the L129A1 is probably an M110 RIS front end, which none of the SR25s come with, but G&P make an M110 complete front set.

Also, if the L129A1 is ambidextrous, the ARES is the only ambidextrous one you've listed, so would be best bet on that part too, although unsure if it takes PMags.

The possible downside to the G&P and ARES is that they're engraved with realistic markings, whereas the others are all white painted markings I think, meaning you could paint over them and get them custom engraved or paint your own L129A1 markings on.

• Supporters

The A&K SR25K does look rather epic, I'll have to look into it a bit more.

Does it use the longer gearbox, do you know?

The A&K SR25K does look rather epic, I'll have to look into it a bit more.

Does it use the longer gearbox, do you know?

All A&K SR25's have the same internals - elongated V2 GB and standard hop - its just the stock and RIS which differ

my sr-25 is amazing it takes p-mags fires like a dream and has never locked up (fingers crossed) mines a g&g but with a madbull tbb,spring guide,and alloy piston head,new spring,hits at 65m body sized,well worth the £350

• Supporters

The G&G takes Pmags? Excellent :P

I was hoping the G&G would fit the bill. I'm planning on painting it, so I ought to be able to hide the fake trades, hopefully. I trust their performance to the same extent as G&P, except the G&G one is half the price. I just need to look into getting the right barrel length and RIS to try and make it look a little more L129esque.

Hmm, there's the SPR version that they do, but the barrel is 4 inches too long... I don't really trust G&G to be compatible with G&P parts either, which I'm assuming will be the easiest to work with. Externally especially.

• Supporters

So in that video, the mag had the loading hole at the front, as with standard M16 style mags.

When you said it had the longer hop unit, I assumed it'd be longer, after the feedtube, not before it. I'm quite confused about how it works now, 'cos I assumed there'd have to be two types of SR25 mag, those with the BBs feeding out from the top middle, and those from the top front, depending on whether it had an elongated gearbox, or hop unit.

Now that the longer hop unit guns feed from the same mags that's a load off my mind, so all of them ought to take Pmags in that case.

The A&K is looking more popular now. I actually just found someone selling a full on custom L129, based on the A&K, on ZeroIn, so I've sent him a message about it. Fingers crossed it hasn't sold and I can buy it. :D

Archived