TM MP5 Hi-cycle mods

ScoobySnacks
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

First off, I should say I love the gun. It shoots well, puts decent sized groups down at sensible ranges, and when necessary can put ridiculous amounts of fire downrange to suppress the enemy or keep heads down (particularly effective with the tracer unit in the dark)

That said, I'm an engineer and can't help but want to improve the things I have, which leads to the question...

Has anyone upgraded a TM Hi-cycle? If so, what mods, and how successful were they?

I was thinking maybe a tight bore barrel to increase the FPS slightly. The ROF is pretty high so not to worried about that.

Also she has a slight twist to the left, so I'm not sure if this is a hop problem, a hop rubber problem or what, but I hope that the TB might help to keep things in line and prevent the side spin.

Of course, the fps at 260 is plenty for anywhere I play, so I might consider fitting a slightly lower powered spring, which should raise the ROF to epic levels on a standard 8.4V Ni-MH. I did consider trying a Li-po or 9.6V Ni MH but not sure the 9.6 would fit, and am worried that the Li-PO might cause problems.

I'm sure most of you will say "leave it as it is" and that is also an option, but it would be useful to get some feedback from others who have used them and played with them.

• Supporters

If there's a twist to the left, try twist the barrel the other way very slightly it may just be out of alignment by a smudge.

It should be alright with a 7.4v lipo on deans the standard tm mp5 is, and I think has less reinforced innards so shouldn't be an issue, assuming you're not spraying everywhere :P

I wouldn't downgrade the spring anymore, do you really need a faster ROF. I would probably try to silence it as much as possible, not hearing it may compensate for the slightly slower FPS, you'd be surprised how fast some people can react in the time it takes the BB to travel 50m. But if they can't hear the shot they won't know what is coming :ph34r: You could probably engineer something with a high density material around the gearbox. I'm not to sure if there is much space on an MP5 though.

Archived