H&k 416

dazzer306
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok am thinking of getting a H&K 416 of sum kind just now here lies the problem have seen 5 but which to get, 2 gbbr and 3 aeg

GBBR

1:- WE 416 with naps £360

2:- Umrex 416 gbbr £349

Which of these 2 would be the better choice

AEG

1:- SRC sr416 any £232

2:- GE hk416. (Rydair.co.uk) £245

3 :- unnamed 416 (novat combat) £180

Which out these be the better

Then which would be better GBBR or AEG

Personally, I'd go for AEG because (for me) easier to maintain, cheaper and you dont have to be so 'loving'

also, id probably spend an extra £50 and get the G&G top tech - http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/gen_2_t4_18.html (also comes with a 2yr warranty) so worth the extra £50 (over the SRC imo)

I believe the Novatcombat 416 is the JG one (or cyma, the Chinese clones) which I'd personally go for as they are dependable and solid, and cheap enough so that you can upgrade quite quickly. Bang a ASCU, TBB and new hop and you've got a very solid runner, potentially better than any of the others while costing (relatively) the same.

• Supporters

If you want a gbb get the WE- the umarex is vfc OEM so will be shite.

If you an aeg,get the Tokyo marui. Of you can afford the marui get the vfc/umarex aeg.

NOw just up to you whether you want a gbb or aeg.

What M_P said.

The VFC is a great AEG but i'd be tempted by a TM recoil.

BUT the WE 416 is joint top of my wish list with a WE SCAR-L.

Ok have been looking online for the best deals on hk 416's, am very tempted by the WE version but cost of the mags are abit too much at £31/38 a pop, the TM have seen, held, fired lovely gun but again way to expensive, so have seen a Umerex CQB version for £319 so it maybe this one. So now just got to way up cost of mags or will it take standard M4 mags

• Supporters

Emags don't fit.

They should, but they don't. I know someone with the JG one and the G&G one and Emags don't fit into either of them without filing the nubs off the top front.

If you're subscribed to Ai magazine then there's a 2 page spread on the Marui 416, it actually turned me off it a bit if I'm honest. It makes it seem like a fair bit of stuff needs doing to it out of the box, battery faff since they're built for NiHms, spring upgrade etc. Not something I'd want to have to do with a £500 gun...

I'd probably get the G&G version if you go for AEG.
WE is the obvious choice for GBBR.

The only thing that bothers me about the G&G is the trades, but I'd probably get a nice paint job done to it to hide them so it's not a big deal and the performance will be very good for a mid range price.

• Supporters

Emags do fit in the umarex, sorry shouldve put my comment into context.

Ed im sure the tm 416 would be perfectly fine ootb on lipos. My scar's been on them for its life, as has my brothers socom, I'd assume Sam's scar has been too. The connector is the issue on the sopmod/recce/cqbr/416 but you can get an adapter to sort it.

On the spring, it's not really a necessity either to be honest, they tend to come in a bit hot compared to other tm guns at around 300-310, unless you really want to up it by the extra 35/40 fps or so theres no huge need, range is brilliant stock :)

Thanks for replys guys but have now decided I don't want another M4 looking gun have three as it is so gone something a little different G&G GK5C yeah I know it takes M4 mags

You can wait until you go away to Taiwan to get the G&G, 416 or GK5C, you will probably get a huge discount when you are there.

You lucky sod.

You can wait until you go away to Taiwan to get the G&G, 416 or GK5C, you will probably get a huge discount when you are there.

if you there between 16/23 july this year may see you cos' that's when I won the G&G free trip and its then lol

just brought a GK5C airsoftworld £250 from £325 be here next week

http://www.airsoftworld.net/catalog/product/view/id/4576/category/343/

Archived