Hop Rubber

SgtBeans
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place, admin please move if required.

Hopefully someone can help and point me in the right direction, last year I purchased an AK74 with v3 gearbox etc etc, had a few problems but through upgrading few bits and bobs is a great weapon, fires between 350/355fps each and every time.

I found that I was getting shite accuracy BBs going pretty much where they wanted was advised to change the barrel, and this is where I hit a stumble, the standard barrel is 500mm long so have struggled to find one long enough but ended up with a mad bull black python v2 APS 2 and would like to know which hop rubber will fit, standard rubber has a raised piece inside which contacts the pellet etc and on opposite of the rubber is a long rib.

On the original barrel the slot for the long rib is the opposite side to the hole where the rubber contacts the bb, on the mad bull they are the same side.

My question or more like plead is what hop rubber do I need????

• Supporters

Could you show us some pics to illustrate what you're talking about? The reason I ask is because, at first glance, what you're saying sounds unlikely. Madbull hop rubbers have the ridge to fit into that slot in the barrel, but if it was on the same side as the window in the barrel then that ridge would be the part which contacts the BB and that would put some well random spin on it. I'm guessing that if your barrel is as you seem to be saying it must be an accidental manufacturing error.

That is exactly the problem, the slot in the barrel for the hop rubber ridge is the same side as the window. I have not as yet tried a Mad Bull hop rubber, not sure if all Hop Rubbers are made the same, IE, the ridge on opposite side to the raised part that goes through the window.

You have bought the wrong barrel. That one is for a spring sniper rifle. You need an AEG barrel. Talk to whoever you bought it from and try to send it back to swap for the proper type. And you don't have to use a 500mm barrel. A slightly shorter one would still work fine.

Archived