Hardware help?

Reedy2509
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys yet another newbie to the world of airsoft, I need help with the usual please.

I'm coming from a military background and have always wanted to join this sport/hobbie but I'm struggling to find a decent brand of rifle. I'm after an m4 and really like the sopmod by tm but its the money issue.

Could anyone suggest a top 5 of rifles please as I don't want to buy cheap then upgrade shortly after, I want a decent metal orientated rifle that's trustworthy and the badgers naggers. I want to hit the ground running and keep it at way.

Thanks

Carl

• Supporters

G&G toptech are for the mid-range probably the best you can get, out of the box they require NO upgrades to effectively skirmish and the build quality is top notch.

Failing that save up for a bit and get a Marui Recoil shock of some kind, they're exceptional and you'll be waiting minimum 2 months before you can buy a RIF anyway!

• Supporters

I have a g&g cm16 raider L , I highly recommend it, but if you are unsure find your nearest retailer an see if you can try a few m4's an see what you like ;)

• Supporters

Try to avoid duplicating threads in the future please.

Since no one else has realised yet I'll keep them open on this occasion, unless another mod feels one needs to be closed.

Just bear in mind that there's no point having two threads about the same thing open at the same time. If you want to draw attention to something in a lesser used part of the forums, you could use the status update feature to point it out to people.

Thanks for the advice guys I looked up the suggestions you gave and do like the look of the g&g. Was abit put off at first with mixed reviews of the build quality at first but will get my hands on one first. The tm recoil shock variant in my eyes is the top quality one its just the price tag but as a needs must I guess.

And airsoft ed my apologies for the duplicate thread it was suggested I try my question in this section as I'd originally gone in the wrong one for the right attention but won't happen again.

Something you might not have considered, the WE Katana. The European production run had a serious fault, but they are in process of fixing it, the yanks are singing its praises, and I have actually picked one up and the build quality is absolutely amazing, I would have no problems using this as a bludgeon it's that sturdy, and there are people buying them just to put their own gear boxes in. If you are willing to wait another 2months they'll have come back fixed, and I can promise you that you will not be disappointed.

And as an added bonus, the body is blank so you could get it laser engraved.

Archived