goggles

mattsa80
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Need some new mesh goggles as iv managed to damage mine in transit. They were only cheap but consequently im the market for some new ones. The issue is i have to wear glasses underneath, otherwise the enemy gets veeeeery close before i twig they are there :) Looking for more 'U.S.' style to match my loadout and just wondered if people have suggestions.

Cheers :D

If you look at Revision Sawfly or Bullet Ant goggles/glasses there is a insert that you can buy that fits inside which makes it really low profile, it's also how the UK and US armed forces provide ballistic eye protection for their spec tidal wearers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Revision-Prescription-Rx-Lens-holder-to-fit-Bullet-Ant-or-Sawfly-Glasses-/121104870267?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item1c3269ab7b

I agree with Mike636, I have both the revision glasses and the revision bullit ant goggles and they are very good bits of kit, I believe the RX insert which is the prescription lens bit is interchangeable between the glasses and the goggles.

• Supporters

Well Sawflys have a pretty scary gap between lens and skin at the sides, so I'd not bother. I've just bought the RX insert for ESS Advancers myself, but I plan on making my own lenses for the goggles out of SS316 #8 0.71mm stainless steel mesh painted with Hammerite, assuming that the samples I received this morning stand up to testing.

The issue is fogging for me. The eyepro has to be mesh. I'm not sure that a prescription lens in there as well won't fog up, so I plan on getting them ground as reading glasses and shaped to just fill the bottom 2/5 of the RX insert, so I can see distance over them. Of course that won't work for you if you're short sighted at distance. If you don't have much or any astigmatism in your prescription then daily contact lenses behind ordinary woven mesh goggles is probably your best bet but, as I found to my cost last time I skirmished, the daily contact lens solution to a prescription involving a lot of astigmatism, ie one eye for distance and one for close up, really doesn't work for airsoft and it made me ill trying.

I'll open a thread about my efforts to build custom eyepro if anything works out well and, since the types of mesh I'm testing come in meter lengths x 1.2m or so, I'll be offering to make custom gear for other people too.

Archived