new gat.

Qlimax
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So I decided it was time to order a new gat and it came yesterdau, at first I thought it'll it didn't make me think wow but after putting a few things on I must it has a great feel and looks a lot better.

What do you think. G&G GC-16 Raider Simg2013050900225.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img2013050900226.jpg

img2013050900227.jpg

img2013050900228.jpg

• Supporters

Gat?

I'd love to know where that term came from, and how it came about. If it was a typo and someone ran with it, they must have the most spazzy hands ever.

• Supporters

Don't know where it came from, just heard it described as a gat and just sort of stuck.

• Supporters

G&G Raiders are epic, get 3000 bb's through it (to bed everything in), then set the hop for some amazing range ;)

just out of interest, what silencer is that?

Afaik gat comes from shortening "Gatling gun"

Nice rif there aswell bud.

• Supporters

I wanted the tr4 cqbr but couldn't justify paying that much with having a 6 month old baby.

The silencer is an M4 QD silencer spoon smart as well fits straight over the flash hider :)

• Supporters

Gat

etymology: perhaps from 'gat' in "gatling gun," akin to

Richard J. Gatling, American inventor.

A firearm.

A firearm, usually a pistol or open-bolt submachinegun,

used for busting "caps" into someone/something's

"punk ass."

Marcus........i love you!! :lol:

Its nice mate. looks like a M4.......never a bad thing.

• Supporters

Lol.

Well it gets its first run this Sunday at Shock & Awe so hopefully it will do me proud :)

• Supporters

I have a question, I pretty know the answer but want to check as last time I did this is broke my AEG.

Would it be ok using a 9.6v 1600mAh crane battery in this aeg ? as every retailer that sells it recommends no higher than an 8.4v !!!!!

• Supporters

yeah thought as much, with my last crane stock I used an 8.4 all the time and then the first time I used a 9.6v it smashed the gearbox :(

I have a question, I pretty know the answer but want to check as last time I did this is broke my AEG.

Would it be ok using a 9.6v 1600mAh crane battery in this aeg ? as every retailer that sells it recommends no higher than an 8.4v !!!!!

You will be fine mate, Heres a quote from pro airsoft supplies (G&G's main uk dealer)

"As this gun is a G&G, this gun is Lipo ready, and requires no modification for use with Lipo batteries"

• Supporters

You will be fine mate, Heres a quote from pro airsoft supplies (G&G's main uk dealer)

"As this gun is a G&G, this gun is Lipo ready, and requires no modification for use with Lipo batteries"

I thought the main uk g&g dealer was zero???

Interesting about the lipo ready though.

• Supporters

All guns are LiPo ready, any gun will take 7.4v LiPos. They're a sort of middle grounder between 8.4 and 9.6v NiHms.

• Supporters

All guns are LiPo ready, any gun will take 7.4v LiPos. They're a sort of middle grounder between 8.4 and 9.6v NiHms.

Arrr I c, thanks for clearing that up for me mate :)

• Supporters

Apart from charging much quicker and being.much smaller you're right

nimhs are.old tech now, if you can, there's no reason not to update to lipos these days.

• Supporters

Apart from charging much quicker and being.much smaller you're right

nimhs are.old tech now, if you can, there's no reason not to update to lipos these days.

The reason is that you can charge NiMh's with a charger that costs less than a tenner, so long as you remember to do it the day before you skirmish so you have time.

I started thinking at "gat" as I was falling asleep... a noun derived from "Gatling" - So if it follows the usual American 'rules' that makes the adjective "gatlerized"...

:lol:

Archived