Kids in airsoft

sammy7676
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

My bad, language problem^^

I have one of those. I have the working vocabulary to express myself without swearing, but 'weak language' is just not as satisfying, nor does it usually carry sufficient emotional weight. Swearing has become so habitual however that I rarely notice beforehand when 'strong language' is likely to surprise or offend. I'd never thought of it before but my gob is a Parental Advisory issue :blink::lol:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one of those. I have the working vocabulary to express myself without swearing, but 'weak language' is just not as satisfying, nor does it usually carry sufficient emotional weight. Swearing has become so habitual however that I rarely notice beforehand when 'strong language' is likely to surprise or offend. I'd never thought of it before but my gob is a Parental Advisory issue :blink::lol:

well, rather than f-word you can always use "EAT 6MM PLASTIC, FOE!!!"

• Supporters

If I wanted to I could, for instance, say, "Our opponents represent the nadir of base perfidy and even now micturate at the thought of our imminent arrival. Let us therefore gird our loins for battle and hesitate not one picosecond, nor grant quarter, but instead immediately disburse nothing but that which entrains shameful perambulation!", without having to look any of it up for meaning...

It's just that, "For fcuk's sake! C'mon, let's get the wankers!", rolls off my tongue not only easier but with more conviction :)

Cadets have nothing to do with airsoft.

The whole point was that we're trusted with a mechanism which can hurl a bullet at 1000s of m/s, so that's not so bad when compared to U18s using BFGs. Just me looking at it from both sides of the argument again; but pay attention to the context of things people say, don't come out with somthing like that which just shows yourself jumping to conclusions

• Supporters

More importantly the insurance which covers cadets has an inclusion for firearms use under supervision whereas the insurance for an airsoft site will probably have a specific exclusion for under 18s using any kind of pyro/blank firer.

The whole point was that we're trusted with a mechanism which can hurl a bullet at 1000s of m/s, so that's not so bad when compared to U18s using BFGs. Just me looking at it from both sides of the argument again; but pay attention to the context of things people say, don't come out with somthing like that which just shows yourself jumping to conclusions

do they let you run around freely with them firing randomly at will?

do they let you run around freely with them firing randomly at will?

sometimes, yes, albeit they're blank firers, which can still cause great physical harm, moreso than a BB. And when I went to Florida their "Marine" Cadets did on occasion use simunition, and I can promise you that I would rather take 1 english cadet, rather than a bakers dozen of theirs.

Yeah, one of my detachment who went on the US exchange to Kentucky came back with scorch marks on his greens. Turns out that the US cadets can't fit their blank adaptors properly :(

I'm 16 in a few months and I've been playing airsoft for almost a year now, and I agree with people who say there is 2 types of kids. A lot of new players think it is an action movie and try to be Rambo, or they don't want to take advice from experienced players. Then there's the ones who listen to older players and try to become as good airsofters as they can. Personally, I took all the tips I could get from older players and I didn't try to be Rambo when I first started. And now I have learned a lot about the sport and I really hope that I will someday be able to teach younger kids to play airsoft. Because they are the ones who keep the sport alive.

I have no problem at all with kids skirmishing....I cant wait for my boy to be old enough to go with me...he keeps nagging me to go but he's five and if any one shot him ide kick seven shades of shat out of them....also kids are smaller and present a more challenging target than the slow fat middle aged git!...

its a joke!

;-)

• Supporters

Why you Son On A....

Wait a Minute i'm not Fat Middle aged or a Git well to most

You Fupping Fupper You! :P

Seriously Though We only have to look at the FPS... Thread to see why some Dislike Kid's a Little bit

(Don't Start Fighting over it!)

And i had nothing to do with that Thread :o

• Supporters

also kids are smaller and present a more challenging target than the slow fat middle aged git!...

You have no idea whether or not I'm a git. In fact, I'll have you know, I'm insulted that you could characterise my efforts at misanthropy as merely worthy of the nomenclature "git".

its a joke!

;-)

Fcuk you too!

You Fupping Fupper You! :P

+1 :P

You have no idea whether or not I'm a git. In fact, I'll have you know, I'm insulted that you could characterise my efforts at misanthropy as merely worthy of the nomenclature "git".

Fcuk you too!

+1 :P

I love you man.....now run ya fat git!!!

I was thinking of taking my 15 yo to Lincoln airsoft for his birthday, as I'm also new to airsoft and have invested in a G&G raider L and if my son likes airsoft getting him a raider to use.

I have read the previous posts and I'm now undecided,

we have been paint balling together a few times and always had fun as well as some good chats with the veterans and beginners alike.

I don't want to take my son if he is going to get looked down on for being an enthusiastic teenager who wants to try the sport and if this is the case it's not some thing I will continue to do.

Also how is any sport to survive if new young players get looked down on

sometimes, yes, albeit they're blank firers, which can still cause great physical harm, moreso than a BB. And when I went to Florida their "Marine" Cadets did on occasion use simunition, and I can promise you that I would rather take 1 english cadet, rather than a bakers dozen of theirs.

I was in the royal marine cadet force (Its feels strange that they are officially called the royal marine cadet force now) But the amount of times where we would go on camp and there would be army cadets there, it turned into all out war between us (needless to say marine cadets won :D)

Although I once got caught out when I left the shower block only to run into a wall of army cadets....took em by surprise when I dropped my town and chased after em.

Also I once shot my cousin in the arm with a blank (the cadet GP rifles didnt have BFAs) was funny because at the time I shot him we were walking up a very steep hill with alot of weight on out backs. I shot he fell down and rolled 100m down the hill. Couldnt help but laugh, well that was till the sgt came up and shot me in the arm too saying "lets see how you like it"

Ahh, those damn memories. Id say to any kid on these forums, if you are not in the cadet force. Bloody well join it, you'll have one hell of a laugh.

I was thinking of taking my 15 yo to Lincoln airsoft for his birthday, as I'm also new to airsoft and have invested in a G&G raider L and if my son likes airsoft getting him a raider to use.

we have been paint balling together a few times and always had fun as well as some good chats with the veterans and beginners alike.

I don't want to take my son if he is going to get looked down on for being an enthusiastic teenager who wants to try the sport and if this is the case it's not some thing I will continue to do.

I know what its like because at my local site there are those who look down upon the younger players as inexperienced but you just have to ignore them and carry on regardless if you want to have fun. thats what i do and i always go with friends or family so i have someone to trust in the field.

I wouldn't worry about it, in my experience people only "look down" on groups of just young kids, when kids are playing as part as a group of adults, not only do they tend to behave better but people are far more accommodating as they know they are being properly taught about the sport rather than a bunch of kids pretending its CoD

I'm 16& can hold my own against the older guys. I don't have a problem with guys my age playing airsoft, I just hate it when 12 year old kids come along and act like they are playing Call Of Duty and asking you about whether you have a (generic call of duty rifle here) and quote some bullshit specs. about the real steel.

• Supporters

There are a fair few sites around East Midlands & South Yorkshire. Not sure about Lincolnshire, but my point is that if you find that the players for whom somewhere is their home, or regular, site and they are dicks, you can always try somewhere else. It's worth persevering because, apart from being the best sport/hobby going, airsoft is a perfect dad'n'son activity.

meh, I wouldn't worry. if in doubt, take it as a hit, listen to advice and dont be an idiot and he'll be fine. I always help and encourage younger players if they are willing to listen.

true thou, airsoft is a bit more serious that I imagine paintball to be.

I've had a great deal of shooting experience, well rifles and shotguns anyway but I got into airsofting last month after spending a bomb on all my kit and gun. I only had my first skirmish early this month and my next skirmish is booked for the 9th.

My experience of 'kids' was mixed but not in a negative way. There were some groups of younguns' that basically kept to themselves in their own team and others really got stuck in and weren't bothered about being split up from their high school wolfpack.

Our biggest problem as adults is that we forget what being a teenager was like – through all the crap it was awesome and no fucks were ever given. We had fun at the expense of everything and I think if the kids wanna shoot trees all day an practise rolly pollies in the mud while paying for the privilege then they should do just that.

If you (as an adult) have issues with getting the younger crowd to engage a bit more effectively, it's your problem and lack of ability, not theirs. Just like you would at work, build relationships of rapport, trust and respect with your clients!

Like I say I have only been to one skirmish at the time of this post but this isn't an airsoft only issue really. At Anzio I came across a spread out, ten strong group of young teens, probably 16 year olds at most. They were pinned and getting taken out one by one by a sniper. I healed two and then told them to get in the game and essentially chain heal each other. Naturally I became their temporary group leader and got them moving forward and they went on to take out about 20 of the opposition.

It was beautiful. I would be extremely grateful to have loads of teens by my side!

I'm only 16, but there are a group of kids younger than me who played at the last skirmish. They weren't calling their hits, and then when people called the marshals over they were accusing the other players of cheating. It was all a pretty big mess.

Unfortunately these kids don't understand that this is a sport of honour. Being knobs when you have been caught cheating does not do you any justice.

• 3 years later...

I'm 14 and have been thinking of getting into airsoft.

Going by what I have been told, you need a UKARA license to own a RiF. So I'm wandering if it's even possible to have the license at my age.

Also, from what I've read and seen 14 year olds tend to be quite annoying. But that (I hope) won't be the case for me as I am a very co-operative team player and mature mentally.

(Attending the royal army cadet force taught me really how to care about saftey with fire arms and discipline.)

Thank you.

Archived