Plate carrier capable of using a sling through the shoulder straps?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, I am looking for a plate carrier that is capable of using a sling through the shoulder straps.

I've looked at the CIRAS and RICAS vests but they are pretty expensive, does anyone have any other suggestions?

What I mean buy having a sling through the shoulder straps is this...

gesammt1xunn.jpg

Preferably in olive drab

Thanks for reading

That's how I run mine but I have a Warrior RICAS. They are worth the money (imo) as it is so comfortable and doesn't move around at all.

That's how I run mine but I have a Warrior RICAS. They are worth the money (imo) as it is so comfortable and doesn't move around at all.

do you know own any other plate carrier that allows the use of a sling through the shoulders but isn't a CIRAS or RICAS plate carrier?

thanks

Most or not all should do. As long as they have covers around the straps, or gaps that are built for hydration tubes or slings.

I personally run a single point sling, but only going through 1 side of the strap. Simmilar to this:

http://uktactical.com/acatalog/QRS-Sling-Rapt-CT.jpg

Does mean a little unbalance as you have it all on one shoulder, but frees up one side of your body, as the gun naturally falls to your side.

Most or not all should do. As long as they have covers around the straps, or gaps that are built for hydration tubes or slings.

I personally run a single point sling, but only going through 1 side of the strap. Simmilar to this:

http://uktactical.com/acatalog/QRS-Sling-Rapt-CT.jpg

Does mean a little unbalance as you have it all on one shoulder, but frees up one side of your body, as the gun naturally falls to your side.

thanks for the reply.

could you recommend me a cheap-ish plate carrier with covers on the straps?

Thanks

• Supporters

A plate carrier is always going to be pretty expensive because there's a lot more to it than a simple molle rig. Have a look at this. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't need shoulder strap covers on it, you could attach the sling through the bib strap D-rings and to the back strap behind.

Archived