Red dot sight problems

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i recently bought a red dot sight from the internet and have started having some problems. when i turn the sight on it flickers then turns off seconds after. when i got the sight it was doing the same thing, but came back on and didnt do it every time consistantly. the scope was £50 so i dont know if i have bought a terrible scope or if there is something i could do to stop this. ive tried new batteries and even 2 different brands. if i keep footering around with the battery it doesnt flicker and then works fine. but then if i change the brightness or change setting at all it starts flickering once again or even the slightest touch on the top of the scope where the battery goes in will set it off. any information helps. thanks :mellow:

Obviously a connection issue in the torch. As JRTIGHT says, send it back, unless you bought from HK, in which case good luck in getting any sort of warranty claim on it.

it seems like you have an intermittent contact. if pressing down on the battery cover makes the circuit then I would suggest that the lower battery "arm" has been bent. Can you take a picture of the battery compartment? If it does have a small arm then you should just be able to bend it upwards a bit so when the battery is inserted it presses down on the arm properly.

• Supporters

i cant send it back cause i got it of ebay and cant find the seller and my bought ebay products have went off my history :( , i will try and upload a few photos or a video

Unless you deleted them your past purchases are in there somewhere. They may be archived.

If you paid by PayPal there will be a transaction record there too.

Trust me on this, Chinese eBayers are anxious to avoid any negative feedback, grief from PayPal, or arguments with eBay Customer Services. If you contact them with proof that the sight is dodgy, I expect they'll offer you an ok solution, especially if you write in simple, unambiguous, short phrases to explain what is wrong, so an online translator works better, so they understand you. Also use "Other" from the menu of reasons to contact and say exactly this at the end:

"I think the best solution is to ask you for your opinion,

so that we have the opportunity to resolve this issue,
not with eBay Customer Support.
Thanks,
Your 1st name"
...because that translates very well into Chinese. Alternatively you could do what I do when I'm pretty sure a Chinese person I want to speak to will be using Google Translate: translate it into Simplified Chinese myself using 2 Google Translate windows, 1 to experiment with phrasing and 1 to see how it all translates into a complete message, because that way I can choose the Chinese ideographs that best suit my meaning from the drop down menus for each word/phrase.

take it apart and re do the solder. its always shoddy in cheap products.if you can work a iron its a simple job, if not then it is a handy skill to learn.

Archived