Thoughts on the G&P MRP-L

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys i am planning on getting a new gun at the end of the year and i want it to be Insane i don't think i want to go for a tm recoil as the mags are different and the maintenance is meant to be annoying so i am thinking going G&P i have an ares m4 all stock internals apart from systema spring and its awesome so i need a new project :D and i am thinking of getting a G&P MRP-L they look awesome anyone had/has one or has any experience with one?

link to the one i would buy: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_394&products_id=6179

thanks guys

charlie.

• Supporters

Well, preference in rifle platform aside, I think it's pretty expensive for a gun which I would want to change quite a bit:

swap the stock for one of those with a diagonal bar so that the length adjustment spring lever can't get caught on your gear;

needs a buffer tube sling mount;

swap the sights for low profile polymer pop ups because they're lighter & cooler, but also because I'd use an ACOG on it;

swap the foregrip for something not stubby;

and that's before the P-mags...

I had the MRP CQB and it was a fantastic gun.

Its G&P so is a good base to start with. Change the hop rubber and your set.

The Monolithic rail is great and you get NO wobble and they feel very strong.

and....................................they look bad ass

IMG_0014-1.jpg

• Supporters

Why is it so stupidly expensive? You could get a G&P M4 with RIS for under £300, it'd have exactly the same insides and everything.

That little front sight is hideous...

Why is it so stupidly expensive? You could get a G&P M4 with RIS for under £300, it'd have exactly the same insides and everything.

That little front sight is hideous...

i agree i will try get one cheaper or second hand and agreed i will be replacing that

• Supporters

@Juni0r: nice to see that my instincts are good even if I don't want one myself! I was going to mention the pistol grip, but I decided that, with all the other expense I envisaged, I could probably live with it.

As much as i love my TM SCAR i would not have the M4 recoil. The recoil itself is just not as good as the SCAR or AK.

also look at VFC for that kind of price range. maybe a 416?

As much as i love my TM SCAR i would not have the M4 recoil. The recoil itself is just not as good as the SCAR or AK.

also look at VFC for that kind of price range. maybe a 416?

i was looking at the 416 i dont know just wondering what people thought of this :)

tm recoils do not require heavy maintenance... they're the same as other aegs...

he's right too, for that money a tm recoil is the one to go for.

guy at my site has a recoil m4 he told me the bolts and screws come loose with the recoil function? and found cheaper better link :http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-lmt-defender-2000-black-airsoft-gun-aeg

its the defender but i dont care tbh

its just the castle nut and delta ring, its hardly effort. Its easier than changing the battery.

ah right very nice i would but the other thing that puts me off is the mags can you get them in packs of 8 cheaper like normal mags or do you have to buy separately ?

Think they come individually. I have 9 as they aly 80rds. You can get hight caps but they are expensive, the bolt stop wont work and they are poopoo high caps!

The TM 416 is a nice gun but the recoil feels better from the SCAR. ( i have fired both)

The VFC 416 is a fantastic AEG.

Archived