WE 1911 5.1 Hi Capa Gas problems

firstname-lastname
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I have two of these glorified paperweights with three magazines between them.

I have been using Abbey 144a gas with all of the magazines. So here is the problem, no matter how much i fill the mags (i have filled the mags for up to 1 minute) i get 1-2 good shots and then 6 - 10 shots where the gun doesnt cycle correctly (the slide goes back but it doesnt shoot) and then nothing.

So my questions for you, the community are;

1. how long should i be gassing my mags?

2. how many shots should i get once i have gassed my mags?

3. am i using the wrong gas, what gass do you recommend?

4. are the airseals on WE pistols that rubbish, it makes the pistol unusable?

5. do i need to modify the airseals in any way?

6. what is the ideal temprature to use a gas gun? i live in NE england so its pretty cold all the time.

Thanks in advance.

• Supporters

i thought WE was green gas only? (edit it is from what i can see)

have you tried leaving it a sec or 2 between shots?

from abby's webby :-

"Abbey Predator Gun Gas 144a is a medium power gas for use in lighter, mostly plastic, guns. It has the same superb UPL as the more powerful Abbey Predator Ultra Gas, ensuring trouble free operation at all times.

Abbey Predator Gun Gas 144a can be used for indoor skirmishes where lower velocities are normally required. It should be used in hotter climates where risk of damage may occur if the more powerful gases are used.

Use Abbey Predator Gun Gas 144a where manufacturers recommend 134a gas.
It has the same power as 134a gas and will not damage your gun.
Predator Gun Gas 144a replaces Abbey Gun Gas 134a which was banned for airsoft under the Tokyo Protocol.
It contains no CFC’s or HFC’s and is environmentally safe."

i would try a gas for a colder environment. In my WE Hi-capa i use Armstrong green gas, just give the liquid gas a chance to boil off between shots and you should be ok ;)

1) dunno 10 - 20 secs at a guess

2) a clip or 2 at least

3) might be, have a look and see what WE recommends for your gun

4) mine is ok

5) you could see if there is a co2 mag for your gun if you find gas that much of a problem (WE do a co2 mag for my gun unsure about yours)

6) try a cold weather gas

if all else fails give milspec a call they deal with gas guns primarily ;) and i highly recommend them

Thanks for the good advice. I spoke to Iain at MilSpec, who offered me some very sound advice, and it looks like i have been using the wrong gas, the 144a gas is for plastic slide guns, not heavy metal slide ones like the 1911 Hi-Capa.

Just for reference, its possible to use a Co2 magazine too, which i am going to do.

• 2 months later...

They work in any temperatures. Just how well is another question.

Green gas and propane I'd say is best between -10 up to 30. And 144a about 0 to 40. Too hot though and they might start becoming too powerful.

CO2 can be used most temperatures, as it's a non expanding gas.

Archived