how to post an airsoft rifle

millermonsterNI
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys/girls

Im thinking of sale an rifle im not getting alot of use. But was wondering what is the best way to go about posting it if i need to and who is best to send with royal mail etc

Sorry if this is repeat topic couldn't find it in search.

Cheers

Whoever you send it with make sure you can track your delivery. You don't want it to go missing in transit. You could use Royal Mail 48 but personally I would use a courier although some wont ship RIFs so you will need to check. The quickest way to get a decent quote is to use a website like www.shiply.com to get quotes from a variety of couriers.

^ If you mean how to pack it, in its original box and then use wrapping paper (like christmas or whatever) but invert it so the white is outside or some brown wrapping paper

never have your packing material streached over the muzzle and buttplate.. have seen so many aegs destroyed this way... always put loads of padding on both sides, and make sure the package does not look like it contains a weapon.

Royal Mail have to take it, as long as its under their minimum size (which for an AK is too small). This will cost you around £24 for 24 hour signed for. Have a look on the post office website for details.

Parcel force will take it, but if it gets damaged then you cannot claim as they do not carry imitation forearms of any sort including paintball guns, should cost around £15, again check out their website

I have started to use My Hermes. Just sent an AK, cost me £5 or so or so and I dropped it off at the local shop about 5 minutes walk away. I called it a toy, as they are and it was signed for so I could track it all the way there.

UPS or DHL will take rif's but you do have to check the terms and conditions.

Wouldn't touch city link with anyone barge pole after they left a flat screen tv on my door step, in the rain and had the audacity to sign for it themselves.

Archived