Tiger Striping Two tone gun?

AK47frizzle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok, so i'm not a UKARA player, but can i tiger stripe my two tone AK but still leave most of it (i.e. 51%) two tone?

I started doing this, which took quite a while. DSC09944_zps316a4169.jpg

If i'm not allowed to, don't worry, i've not attached the stock back yet, so i'm not manufacturing an RIF yet.

• Supporters

It needs to be 51% a bright (which it sure as hell is!) and solid block of colour, obviously your reciver etc is a 'solid block'

adding something that disrupts what is a solid colour makes it no longer a solid colour. It takes it into the grey area of the law and with this kinda thing, anything grey you should err on the side of caution IMHO

having said that, it doesn't appear to be a permanent change? Is it gaffer tape? maybe make a sock or something that has the pattern on that you can slip onto the rifle once on site and remove before leaving

It needs to be 51% a bright (which it sure as hell is!) and solid block of colour, obviously your reciver etc is a 'solid block'

adding something that disrupts what is a solid colour makes it no longer a solid colour. It takes it into the grey area of the law and with this kinda thing, anything grey you should err on the side of caution IMHO

having said that, it doesn't appear to be a permanent change? Is it gaffer tape? maybe make a sock or something that has the pattern on that you can slip onto the rifle once on site and remove before leaving

yeh, it's gaffer tape, carefully cut out and placed on the stock.... I really don't like the orange but it perfectly matches the tiger stripes.... oh how i want to cover the main body and hand guard.....

AK, do you play at a site with insurance? If so, then I would suggest that you would come under the "skirmisher" defence, and so you should have a defence against prosecution for manufacturing a RIF.

If you don't have a defence, then you can't do it, simples.

If you DO have a defence (and you don't need UKARA or anything like that, just the proof that you play on a fairly regular basis at a site that has insurance) then crack on!

Captain, if you camo tape your IF, then it could become an IF, depending on the courts decision on the day if, for some reason it comes to court.

If you are regularly using it with camo tape on for games at a site with proper PL insurance then you can show a defence against prosecution, so you might as well get the bits and turn it into a proper RIF. If it's just for a game in a mates back garden, and that's the only time you play, then if for some reason mr plod comes along you could well be charged with manufacturing a RIF, as the camo tape covers up the 51% or more of a solid bright colour required to move it from the RIF category to the IF category. Just because it only does it temporarily doesn't mean it's not a RIF whilst the tape is in place.

As I understand it, the tigerstripes are not legal. I wouldnt risk it!

camo tape = nicer look with no laws broken

Yes they are, the laws being broken that is. ONLY at a skimish site, during the skimish can you have camo tape (or other covering).

technically, you could probabaly spray it black on site if you sprayed it back orange before leaving (dont hold me to that thou!^^)

As I understand it, the tigerstripes are not legal. I wouldnt risk it!

Yes they are, the laws being broken that is. ONLY at a skimish site, during the skimish can you have camo tape (or other covering).

technically, you could probabaly spray it black on site if you sprayed it back orange before leaving (dont hold me to that thou!^^)

Why would you have to spray it back?

If you're skirmishing on a site, with proper PL insurance, then you have the defence and can manufacture your RIF. Once it is manufactured, it is not an offence to own it so why change it back?

If you're not on a properly insured site then you don't have a defence so you can't tape, or spray, without committing an offence.

Why would you have to spray it back?

If you're skirmishing on a site, with proper PL insurance, then you have the defence and can manufacture your RIF. Once it is manufactured, it is not an offence to own it so why change it back?

If you're not on a properly insured site then you don't have a defence so you can't tape, or spray, without committing an offence.

hhmmn, manufacturing a RIF... I think I have to take back what I said.. probabaly not a good idea to spray it before a skimish^^

That tiger stripe stuff is perfectly legal to use & keep on the gun, why? 1 because its not permanent, 2 because the 2-tone orange is still clearly visible.

As Scooby has been saying it is not illegal to own a RIF & if your a regular skirmisher at a site that has full insurance by all mean do as you wish to your IF.

Archived