Judge Hammer

geoffreym

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

The Stallone Movie was a travesty! The recent one was a lot better, but the only real Dredd is in 2000AD. Remember, it's not a Lawgiver unless it's dick shaped...

• Supporters

Cannot Believe i was like WTF is Ian Talking about for 2 Whole Minute's...

Anyone want to see my CosPlay as The Judge?

• Supporters

Go on then, TPI, let's have a look. Are you, by any chance, too young to have caught the heyday of 2000AD? I have to say that Slaine MacRoth was my fav, but Dredd had some good runs. What always amazes me is how anyone imagines him as any kind of hero, 'anti' or otherwise, when he is clearly the end product of facism and a cnut to boot!

• Supporters

Dunno i Remember a Mountain and it wasn't HD Enough so i couldn't stay and watch it (I'm the Same with Black & White Film!) of course i saw it like 3 year's ago and it was the first i had heard of Dred as i was more Scooby Doo, Tom&Jerry, Original Power Ranger's, Godzilla & Godzuki, Pokemon and Obviously Bugs Bunny<3 Kinda Guy =D

My Get Up (You Have to sit through the Intro as it's an Anti Douhebag Filter)

Their's also this one though

• Supporters

1st time i ever heard that track i was cuffed up in the back of a cop car, back in the 90's. Seemed surprisingly apt.

The heyday of 2000AD was pure analog. OMGonads... you had to actually turn pages and read it/ Even worse, there was no soundtrack to drive your emotional responses, so you were just left with the bald story and your imagination to form an opinion.

It'll never catch on...

• Supporters

I Actually quite like it It's been Playing for about an Hour for me now =D

I Don't actually have a Costume But i Couldn't Resist =D

The Stallone Movie was a travesty! The recent one was a lot better, but the only real Dredd is in 2000AD. Remember, it's not a Lawgiver unless it's dick shaped...

I agree with the fact that the stallone movie was crap (fun action flick regardless though), one thing I always hated about the early comic books was that they looked like dildo guns, basing this loadout off of the most recent film, which should be a trilogy, and that is classic dredd.

That looks really, really good. What is the pistol based off of (it's functioning, right?).

that pistol is just a toy I put together in 5mins, the one I will be using is this (not yet finished), with a riot shield, and possibly an ICS GLM.

IMG_0478_zps86bce866.jpg[/url]

G17/18s were used as the base of the Lawgivers in the recent film. I know some mates who make the kits to convert an airsoft Glock 17/18 to a Lawgiver...

G17/18s were used as the base of the Lawgivers in the recent film. I know some mates who make the kits to convert an airsoft Glock 17/18 to a Lawgiver...

Knew that, problem is I want to be able to use just the pistol with this loadout without it being prohibitively expensive, and for some reason glocks don't seem to like me.

And this thing will be firing a 37rps, I don't know any glocks which can do that :), or use 70rd midcaps.

• Supporters

And this thing will be firing a 37rps, I don't know any glocks which can do that :), or use 70rd midcaps.

I want a complete breakdown of every part, the lube, the wiring, the 'kin blow by blow of assembly with pics. Seriously. It'll be a good resource on AF-UK, but personally I want to know how it goes; the problems & solutions etc.

Unfortunately it's looking like I'm going to have to put the NVG project off for another month because I really need new specs with varifocal lenses :(

I want a complete breakdown of every part, the lube, the wiring, the 'kin blow by blow of assembly with pics. Seriously. It'll be a good resource on AF-UK, but personally I want to know how it goes; the problems & solutions etc.

Unfortunately it's looking like I'm going to have to put the NVG project off for another month because I really need new specs with varifocal lenses :(

I'll make it just for you lol.

• 5 months later...

Almost done, and I think it looks epic.

DSC_0319_zps1d3ec873.jpg

DSC_0318_zps530c4255.jpg

DSC_0316_zpsd2453f98.jpg

DSC_0311_zps7f6a798f.jpg

the pistol is getting a kydex holster made up for it, the orange sides are being removed and a new badge and helmet should be here by tomorrow.

It is hot, but not as hot as people think, will consider buying some mil-tec UBACS and trousers for skirmishing though.

• Supporters

It's great, Geoff! For an old skool 2000AD reader like me Judges should have the massive shoulder pads too, but it still rocks :)

• Supporters

Fantastic work there fella! Have a look at the Dredd Costuming Group on the Replica Prop Forum if you want to see some screen accurate stuff although you appear to already have exactly the right trousers!

Oh and Ian, there's a stack of good old "analogue" 2000ads in my loft. goes back to about issue 100 (my mum made throw 1-100 away when I was a kid. Grrrr.) Nice to know I'm not the only old school geek!

• Supporters

Loz mate, I've moved around so much during my life that I've never managed to hang on to progs for long, but back in the late 80's i used to hang around outside shops in the morning, waiting for them to open, so I could get the latest. Actually I even managed to get some of them in Thailand wich was no mean feat (because it was fcuk all like it is now btw, and although superficially similar to that film "The Beach", as I was there, at that time, in fact the whole country was running pretty much purely on goodwill and patience, because there was precious little reliable organisation to be found!).

But I feel your pain. Personally I don't rate the artwork in the early progs, but there's an energy to the stories, a peculiarly British-yet-World-Citizen iconoclasm that was mainly lost on me back then, as I'd not had the money to become jaded by Marvel et al beforehand, nevermind the intellectual requisites. Even disregarding their cash value, I'd love to have a flick through 1-100 again. Your mum should have here ornaments, or whatever knick-knacks she keeps, summarily binned!

• Supporters

You can get most of the early stories in collected editions these days. Amazon sell the Dredd Casefiles which is all the storylines from Prog1 on!

• Supporters

Yeah I know, but it's not the same as actually holding the progs. There'd be a huge element of nostalgia in it for me if I could do so.

I liked the Stallone movie better than the new one I am afraid.

2000AD stopped being good at the end of the 80s anyway.

• Supporters

I liked the Stallone movie better than the new one I am afraid.

Oh dear, that's not good. I imagine there are support groups for it though.

2000AD stopped being good at the end of the 80s anyway.

Actually my life took a turn for the drastically responsible and working all the hours i could around that time, so i stopped keeping up with it.

• Supporters

As a movie of Dredd, the Stallone one was poor. As an SF action movie I thought it was pretty good. The ABC robot was really cool and the whole thing would have made more sense if they hadn't cut some of the scenes they did. The new one is much more "proper" Dredd in my opinion though.

Regardless I encourage everyone to join the FB group and sign the petition to get a sequel made! https://www.facebook.com/MakeADreddSequel

• 9 months later...

Thats so cool. Where did you get the helmet? I am making one at the moment. When I get the chance I'll upload a photo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.