The 'What have you just broken' Thread

Ian_Gere
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's obvious. Super glue is good for 1 thing and 1 thing only....

Sticking your fingers together. And then trying to bite the glue off your fingers only to glue your finger to your lip.

Well that's obvious. Super glue is good for 1 thing and 1 thing only....

Sticking your fingers together. And then trying to bite the glue off your fingers only to glue your finger to your lip.

i can't imagine anyone who would try to bite glue off :P

Sniffing glue is one thing, but biting it off and eventually tasting it is another....

I think i'll just go to my techy department in school and melt the plastics together with a soldering iron, kinda like welding :D

i can't imagine anyone who would try to bite glue off :P

Sniffing glue is one thing, but biting it off and eventually tasting it is another....

I think i'll just go to my techy department in school and melt the plastics together with a soldering iron, kinda like welding :D

You've seriously never got glue on your fingers, thought it was dry and then tried to pull it off with your teeth???

Bro, do you even glue?

• Supporters

I glued a chair cushion, a pair of jeans and boxers to my arse once: fell asleep drunk with a tube of super glue under me... hospital.

Tip for super gluing: you can get better results if you soak a piece of paper in the glue and paste it over the crack as well as putting glue on both surfaces of the crack.

My ad's got this super chemical bonding glue he uses for work. I stuck my fingers together once and you have to literally "rip" the skin off to break free.

Also, my friend put too much gas in the pistol and it somehow broke the seal on it.... Genius!

well considering superglue is designed for bonding flesh... and have had a bottle of glue leak into my mouth, fun times.... plastic cement glue would be the better idea as it actually melts the plastic and ten rehardens it for a stronger bond. wither or not its strong enough for what the hopup goes through though...

• Supporters

Henry deserves everything he gets.

I broke a Marshal's HFC P226, He hated it and gave it to random people to use. I didn't have my M9 and he pitied me since I had no sidearm.I think the thing that broke was the nozzle and some other thing. He tossed it into a ditch after I gave it to him.

Later that day I saw some kid digging around and looking for it...lawls.

I agree that the little long nosed cunt henry deserves everything he gets. He paid for my education but really rustled my jimmies.

LITERALLY rustled my jimmes.

TL;DR-Don;t stick your dick into henry

• Supporters

Are you the scion of Henry then, UTJ?

Edit to add: btw, I can't for the life of me imagine any circumstances un which i would stick my dick into the stupid looking gobshite. Not even if I was on a desert island with nothing but henry and a generator.

photo3_zps87cea83d.jpg[/url]

I did one, mate did the other

• Supporters

Heart goes out to you, Geoff. What a bummer. What were you doing, playing baseball with 'em?

My one, yes, I succeeded in whacking a grenade out of the air, problem was there was a tree that appeared out of nowhere on my backswing lol.

My mate had a two point sling on the front sight and the rear sling point, he bent down and snapped it in half.

• Supporters

Tell me there's video! Whacking a grenade out of the air, man, that deserves a medal!

Bending over and busting a gun... not so much lol!

Here you go:

militarycross.jpg

Tell me there's video! Whacking a grenade out of the air, man, that deserves a medal!

Bending over and busting a gun... not so much lol!

Here you go:

Thanks mate, there might be a photo somewhere (private game) as there were a couple of people with broken guns who decided to turn photographers.

It was actually quite impressive as the grenade came apart as I hit it, and then exploded in mid air.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I think this is more of a "What just went annoyingly wrong for me" thing, than what I've broken.

Though having broken stuff does factor into it.

I ordered a new ACOG yesterday, fibre optically illuminated and comes with another micro-red dot on the top. The ACOG illumination is freakin' awesome.

BUT, the reticule isn't straight. It's only slightly off, but it's annoying all the same.
Secondly, the red dot won't go in my wing mount because the screw holes don't come even close to lining up, so I'm going to have to butcher the ever living shite out of it with a drill at some point.

Thirdly, the tightbore I got for my pistol, whilst fitting in and working, makes my range appauling. Which makes it hard to gauge just how much better the groupings are, or the fps increase is, because I can't reach the target... The hop seems wholly ineffective. I might just need to dismantle it a couple of times or something, I imagine I can make it work, I just can't understand why it isn't working currently.

Fourthly, the new (apparently stronger than before, according to ICS' very own sales director) ICS L85 pistons, which are now black instead of white and I have two of because I knew this would happen - died. Immediately. First tooth just got sheered off with less than 15 shots. I was only dry firing and the gun sounded horrible. Like there was some sort of lapse in the piston's travel, combined with a weird motor grating noise. I can't really figure it out.

Fifthly (don't think I've ever written that, or seen it written before, but anyway), the new Systema piston head I bought, to match the Systema cylinder head, needed a new O-ring because the one it came with was too small. Not a big deal 'cos I just stole the one off my original piston head. But a part of me thinks that something to do with the new piston head, new piston and god only knows what else, is to blame for the gearbox murdering one of the pistons almost immediately.

So now I'm stuck without a red dot on my ACOG, only one piston, a pistol with worse range and an everlasting fear that I'm going to wreck the second piston whilst trying to get the gun working...

It's not going well for me at all.

• Supporters

Well Ed, you can take comfort in knowing that you have at least made me feel better about the various misfortunes my AEG's and my messing therewith (wow that doesn't get a wiggly red line) have visited upon me.

• Supporters

after waiting for ages to get all the component parts to make me a mosfet, taking my time to get everything just right rewiring my mp5k .........

it dosnt work ..... :unsure::unsure::(:(:( no idea why

edit :- just checking resistors ... seems i ordered 100 ohm resistors ... yet they look like 100K ohm to me :angry::angry::angry::angry: , gunna have to order some more now :(

• Supporters

I managed to get the red dot to fit my wing mount, but the new pistons I've bought are absolutely shite.

I actually spoke directly with ICS' ex-sales/distribution manager about the pistons and he said that the newer ICS L85 series rifles now come with black, nylon fibre pistons, whereas the old ones were polycarb and white in colour. The nylon fibre ones are supposedly a lot stronger and reinforced, but I'll be damned if that's true.

I just fitted one of the black ones and it stripped itself with one pull of the trigger. It didn't just take one tooth of the back either, there's a gouge through every tooth on it, it looks like my gears are made of sand paper or something, it's ridiculous.

I can just see the same thing happening with my second one, as there's already significant visible wear on the 2nd and 5th teeth from only pulling the trigger 3 times.

The gun still doesn't sound right either, I've got absolutely no freakin' idea what's wrong with it. It's seriously doing my head in.

Everything's in place, all looks fine, black pistons are the same dimensions as the white ones, angle of engagement is spot on... The gun performed the best it has in ages on my last trip out, then the piston packed in due to age more than anything, right at the end of the day.

All I've done is change the piston to a brand spanking new, identical one, but now it's stripping everything left right and centre.

The pistons have non-standard dimensions as well... So god knows what I'm supposed to do now...

• Supporters

Well found what's wrong with my MOSFET the cheap 10p gate resistor is blown was probably blown before I even soldered it together >.<

so now the piston head has snapped off the piston on my first AEG. Not going very well so far lol. Would i be right to assume any Piston would fit, or would have to be specifically made for an ics m4 sir?

was thinking this; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRSOFT-AEG-PISTON-ALL-7-METAL-TEETH-UK-DELIVERY-complete-kit-/390596976418?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item5af164df22

If somebody could tell me wether or not it would fit then i would be much obliged :D

Archived